MSI 745 Ultra Memory Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI 745 Ultra Memory Issue?

I came across 3 sticks of 512MB of memory and installed it into my PC. Well since doing that I can't get the PC boot into Windows XP when I have all three sticks in the slots. Seems to work fine with 2 though. The memory I'm using is Micron 512MB PC2100U memory sticks. I'm not over clocking my CPU either.Is there an issue with the 3rd slot on the 745? I thought I saw something a year or two ago about that when you over clocked that you couldnt use the 3rd slot.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

You can't use three slots when you're running at PC2700 speeds (i.e. 166/333MHz). Check your FSB and memory clocks.

Otherwise, beats me. Which BIOS have you got?
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I had trouble running 2 sticks at 166MHz.

My Samsung runs fine all the time at 166MHz, CAS2.5. I put a stick of Crucial PC3200 in there with it, and the machine was quite unstable. They'd work together fine at 100MHz CAS2, but who wants that?

I took the Crucial back, and swapped it for another stick, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Ditto on the Samsung "True PC2700 DDR" memory, works a peach
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X