Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Image from DV Capture

Hello,

When I try to capture video from my DV camera (using 1394 and Mediastudio 6.5) the still frames have a double image of fast moving objects (cars). When I view still frame using a field monitor (from the cameras video out) the image is perfect. How can I get the capture to be the same as the original? Is it a progressive / interlaced problem?

Thanks.

Doug.

With out seeing the actual image I would almost certainly say it is interlacing. Check out www.100fps.com for more specifics of de-interlacing and what not. I'll try to give you some basic info as to my understand of interlacing.

Interlaced video when watched on a non-interlaced display (ie PC screen) will show jaggies and saw-tooth like images, especially when there is alot of action or camera motion going on. If your source/target is a TV, then you don't have to worry about interlacing cause the TV will expect your source to be interlaced and show it properly. If your target is a PC world, then you will have to de-interlace your video before your finalize it.

I know this is very basic and brief, but hopefully it gives you a basic understanding of why your video is jagged on your PC and "perfect" on your TV.
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

The image isn't really saw-tooth like but more like a ghost image offset a few millimetres.

Comment

By 'saw-tooth', he means that alternate lines show the position of the object in two places.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

On the subject of deinterlacing. I need to produce some video that will be projected during a gig on stage. If the source footage is interlaced will it be necessary to deinterlace it or is a projected image the same as a TV image?

Thanks.

Damian.

Comment

Check the projector specs. Some will project "proper" TV and some just computer from a computer graphics card.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
            X