hmm, the 4.4 CATS are out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm, the 4.4 CATS are out!

Ayoub, do you sit there refreshing the ATI website waiting for these puppies???

Cheers for the heads up matey
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Nice.

Comment

New ForceWare drivers have just been released as well. And check out www.ati.com -"we have what you want"- whats that all about?
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Has the brightness problem with OpenGL been solved ? Does not seem to be in the release notes
          MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
          AMD Athlon 64 3200
          1024 MB PC3200 RAM
          WD 160 GB HDD
          2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
          ATI 9500 64 Videocard
          Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
          Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
          Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Reminds me of "Are you Ready?" FX launch. nVidia is rumoured to be faster this time, we'll see soon.

Comment

I must say ATi driver updates are now becoming more frequent than M$ security updates

I havent even tried out the 4.3, the 4.4 is out..

Edit : Just saw that the 4.4 has dropped support for Win9x (that is the last driver released for WinME/Win9x is cat 4.3)

Ah well i dont play games on my win98 box anyways.. but still as Microsoft is still holding onto win9x till 2006 i had hoped ati would be releasing drivers for that OS..

Now left Nvidia who is releasing win98 drivers i guess
              Last edited by Belwarrior; 7 April 2004, 18:39.
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Catalyst 4.4 installed here...so far, so good.
                Also, MMC 9.0 is out

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
                  New ForceWare drivers have just been released as well. And check out www.ati.com -"we have what you want"- whats that all about?
                  offhand.., i'd guess they are talking about their PCI-express cards
                  Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                  ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior
                    I must say ATi driver updates are now becoming more frequent than M$ security updates
                    That's because they stated last year that they would start comign out with new driver updates once a month or 12 updates a year.
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

PCIE cards won't be out until June. They are referring to the Radeon X800 which will be anounced at the end of this month.

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

There will be:
                        X800pro DDR3 R420
                        X800SE DDR
                        X600 RV380
                        X300 RV3 70

X800XT will be launched on may 31st (since nV40 will be faster than R420)

PCI Express will come out in June/July

X800, based on R423 PCI Express card

The nVidia card will be called GeForce 6800
                        Last edited by UtwigMU; 7 April 2004, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by SuRGV
                          Has the brightness problem with OpenGL been solved ? Does not seem to be in the release notes
                          Doesn't look like it...
                          System Specs:
                          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

probably not, according to Xbit, its the ATI version of "are u ready" thing for R420.

And rumors has it that GF 6800 will hit 12000ish 3dmark03 (pre-production NV40s @ CeBit closed doors). Its fast alright. I am pretty sure 3dmark is quite reliable for this one since its preproduction samples. I bet the NV engineers were working hard...

Comment

...with the 3dmark engineers...

Comment

Working...
                              X