Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choking problem... Video is slowing down but rest normal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choking problem... Video is slowing down but rest normal.

Hi i have a problem and that why im posting here.

it seems as fast i put som stress on my Pc like Bittorrent and Mediaplayer9 at the same time the Picture beginnes to choke like 2 fps but i can still hear the music going on normally and i know that all activities like Bittorent goes on cause the files is done when i restart.

Any idea???

Can it bee the Parhelia??
    Intoccabile

1. Make sure that busmastering is on for the Parhelia.

2. How much RAM do you have?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

How much RAM do you have?

What kind of hard drive do you have?

Are your hard drives in UDMA mode (Check in device manager, under primary and secondary IDE controller choose DMA if available)?

Do you have drivers for IDE controller installed?

Does it say something like intel 845 IDE, AMD 760 IDE or something like generic IDE controller?

Open task manager, check commit charge and CPU usage. If your commit charge is bigger than your RAM, you need more memory.

Also, video in media player, is it local HDD or from internet?
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 6 April 2004, 13:27.

Comment

Which bit torrent are you using? I am using ABC(Yet Another Bit Torrent Client) and if I step away from my computer for a long time and come back, ABC is taking over my system. I have to kill the client to make my system usable again.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yeah, ABC gets big on me, too. But even Shadow's client will soak up RAM if you're serving out a large file.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
            How much RAM do you have?

What kind of hard drive do you have?

Raided 0 Seagate Baracudda 4

Are your hard drives in UDMA mode (Check in device manager, under primary and secondary IDE controller choose DMA if available)?

Do you have drivers for IDE controller installed?
            Yes ITE raid Gigabyte thingy

Does it say something like intel 845 IDE, AMD 760 IDE or something like generic IDE controller?
            Dont use the internal ide connectors.

Open task manager, check commit charge and CPU usage. If your commit charge is bigger than your RAM, you need more memory.

Have 512mb ram..commit 272..

Also, video in media player, is it local HDD or from internet?

LOCAL

it does not have to bee Bittorent, anything hard to the PC.. makes it wird..
            Intoccabile

Comment

I have the same problem.....seems to be that if you push too much data through the PCI bus, the Parhelia can't seem to run the video properly. Mine gets better though when I switch to one monitor instead of two.
              ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

I have run two days now without choke problem. did as X-Caliber told me and so far so good..

Weird problem.... Maybee RMA against a AGP 8X
                Intoccabile

Comment

yeah but the whole point of the Parhelia is to have TWO MONITORS!
                  ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

Working...
                  X