Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT 2k4 nvidia logo change... can ANYone do it? Kruzin can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT 2k4 nvidia logo change... can ANYone do it? Kruzin can!

Hello, I have heard and seen that people can change the nvidia logo in ut 2k4 to a ati logo. I would like to change it to a matrox parhelia logo, but the unrealed is a garbage program. I can load up all the maps and such but ... its a difficult piece of software to work around. I was wondering if n/e one in matrox forums is good at unrealed and is able to change the logo to a matrox parhelia one?
    SaTaN^666

I don't know how to do it ...
    I think the file you would need to change is ... NvidiaLogo_T.utx

May be this could help ...

There's one or two alternative intro screens here ...

Last edited by Paddy the wak; 6 April 2004, 17:53.
    My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

The ATI intro is here ...

Die Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004 / Engine-Games Community, der 3D-Action-Shooter Serie von EpicMegagames... mit News, Infos, Newsletter, Tutorien, Files, Downloads, Forum, Chat und vielem mehr... [ powered by splash.de ]

and this alternative intro for UT2003 ...

Download UT2003 IntroFix. Dont like the NVidia logo in the intro?...
      Last edited by Paddy the wak; 6 April 2004, 12:42.
      My Systems :
      Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

Comment

I just get rid off it altogether.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

How ?
          My Systems :

Comment

<--- still cant get unrealed working :/. I got the texture menu loaded and everything... but theres no option to change a texture or n/e thing. theres a button beside texture like " ... " in most cases this is the directory button in which u select a file through the directory.. but this doesnt do n/e thing in unrealed, it just lets me click and nothing opens nor happens.
            SaTaN^666

Comment

I tried replacing the nvidialogo_T.utx with the parhelia one we used for UT2003. 2k4 doesn't show the Parhelia logo, but at least it took the nvidia one off. Now it's just a grey circle with no logo.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

OK...I hacked on the ut2004 texture file, and got it to work. Got that spiffy Parhelia logo goin now
                Unfortunatly, even in zipped form the file is way to big to attach...I'll see if I can get Sasq to put it on the murc server....
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Here it is.
                  Thanks to Sasq for hosting it

Comment

Hi Kruzin ... thanks ...
                    I got as far as the ...
                    "Now it's just a grey circle with no logo." ... bit

I just couldn't get it to show the new one ... any help ?

May be your file will enlighten me...
                    My Systems :

Comment

Cool Kruzin ... It looks great !...
                      ... and I managed to work it out ... I messed up a bit and I've had to use the UT2003 map file ... NvidiaLogo.ut2 ... (I accidently over wrote the UT2004 one)

Anyway ... I made one with my dog "Paddywak" on it .... my nephew will be so pleased ! ... thanks Kruzin

My Systems :

Comment

Kewl.

So, can You guys make one with my Girlfriend in it?
                        (http://www.pangel.dk/kaereste.htm). It would be amazingly fun out of any proportions to have her in the center of the logo.

~~DukeP~~
                        Last edited by DukeP; 7 April 2004, 02:24.

Comment

Isn't she lovely ...

The only thig is how do I get it to you ?

Is it possible to send a 5MB email attachment ?
                          My Systems :

Comment

So Paddy or Kruzin do you fancy writing a nice short easy-to-follow guide on how to do this? Just for us lovely fellow MURCers?
                            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Ok ... I'll give it a go ... it is quite easy to do ... just difficult to explain.... I hope this is clear....

Firstly make a backup of ... " NvidiaLogo_T.utx"

Open up UT2004 Editor ... there should be a "Textures" box open .... in it ...
                              Click ... File ... Open ... and open up ..."NvidiaLogo_T.utx".... click the All button ... to see all the logo elements...
                              Now right click on the texture called ... Texture PlaySeal_T ... and Export to file ... call it what you like.

Now you need is a photo editing package to get your photo ready ...
                              Open up your exported file and replace the logo in the centre with your own photo..... and save.

Go back to UT2004 Editor ...
                              Click on the texture ... Texture PlaySeal_T so it is highlighted.
                              Now at the top click ...File ...Import ... and import your logo texture with your photo.
                              It should appear along side the Nvidia one.

Ok .... now Right click on the texture called .... Shader PlaySeal_s... and click Properties

A shader properties box should appear with the Nvidia logo in it.
                              At the top of the Material Tree on the right hand side... click on the top item "Shader" to highlight it.

At the bottom there is a the Properties area ... click on the Difuse line ... it should become highlighted. .... click the button clear on the right...
                              The nvidia logo should dissapear ... leaving you with a black Shader box.

Now .... OUTSIDE the Shader properties box ....click on your logo texture to highlight it .... then IN the Shader properties box re-highlight the Properties line "Diffuse"
                              and click the button use ... your photo/logo should appear.

Also .. click on the minus next to Diffuse to close down the tree... and click on the line ... SpecularMask ...
                              Click the clear button at the end of the line ... re-highlight the line ...then click the use button to get your logo in.

Close the Shader Propertied box... and click on the ... Shader Playseal_s ... texture... it should update with your photo/logo.

Save ... DONT make the MISTAKE I did .... DON'T save the map.

Thats it done.... start up the game ... you should have a shiny new logo....
                              Last edited by Paddy the wak; 7 April 2004, 06:32.
                              My Systems :

Comment

Working...
                              X