Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Reasons to Buy a New Car

12 Reasons to Buy a New Car

Your passenger seat is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Instead of an airbag, there's a whoopie cushion taped to your steering wheel.

You lose the stop-light challenge to a 14-year old on a moped.

15-Minute Jiffy Lube lasts for only 3 days.

Thieves repeatedly break into your car, just to take "The Club."

When you gas up, the attendant asks, "Can I re-duct-tape that windshield for you?"

While waiting at the stop light, people run up asking if anyone is hurt.

For the last five years, you've had to settle for making "vroom vroom" noises while sitting in the driveway.

You keep losing dates on left turns.

Your gas gauge measures in cubits.

Traffic reporters are starting to refer to you, by name, when discussing morning tie-ups.

It hasn't been the same since Henry Ford borrowed it.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

13th:

You can no longer buy carbide for the headlights.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

-me wonders at the fact that one could actually GET dates in such a car.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn

-me wonders at the fact that one could actually GET dates in such a car.
        Easy - a horny girl is dangerous, and could often be found on the backseat of these vehicles.

Its only once their hormones become a bit more manageable that they object to be seen in the same.
        Lawrence

Comment

Talking about new cars: I got a lift in my mates new TVR Tungsten today.

I am still giggling at the thought of it!

Fast, sexy and totally impractible
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't a TVR Tuscan?
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Shows what i know about cars!

This is the beast
              Last edited by Paddy; 6 April 2004, 11:29.
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

No, Patrick, no. Down boy.
                You don't need one.
                Step away from the website.
                FT.

Comment

TVR !!! OMG I saw one in Perth!! That is such a sexy car!!!

Comment

I believe it can out accelerate just about every other road car (except the McLarren F1). It has no ABS, no traction controll, no air bags or rev limiter. It does however have a mounting bracket for a radar detector!

Comment

On Top Gear, they once tested to see if you can beat a speedcamera. One of the cars they used to test it was a TVR Tuscan...

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

(results are on page 2)

It was the only one with which it was possible, at a speed of 171 mph (275 kph), it didn't register on the speed camera...

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                        On Top Gear, they once tested to see if you can beat a speedcamera. One of the cars they used to test it was a TVR Tuscan...

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

(results are on page 2)

It was the only one with which it was possible, at a speed of 171 mph (275 kph), it didn't register on the speed camera...

Jörg
                        I wouldn't rely on it: I read in the paper the other day that someone was clocked at 290 km/h in a 60 zone . I forget where or what vehicle, though. I guess it may depend on the model and principle of the radar. I wonder how they are calibrated, though
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

290km/h?
                          Are you sure?

Comment

Anything beyound 250km/h is basically absurd.

REALLY special tires required - not to mention a freeway with very good and clean asphalt (tarmac?).

Tried it once, really didnt like it! Everything was jumping and "micro"shaking. Car swerved at least 1 meter when ever we passed someone (which we did rather frequently).

Tried it, no tshirt, wont go there again.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

wow that is quite close to the sound barrier..
                              what car can do that?
                              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                              X