Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i thought up an invention on the way home from work

ok..

put a 6 cd disc changer in a motorcycle and have wireless speakers in the helmet.

has this been done yet?
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Headphones + driving = bad Is that legal? I'm pretty sure driving a car with headphones is illegal in most places.
    Bart

Comment

it wont be headphones it'll be a helmet.. no one will ever know its got speakers in it
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

In that case it could work. I don't think most cycle nuts would go for it though. Especially the way the crotch-rocketeers drive; they need to hear outside things.
        Bart

Comment

Sorry Lizzie, it's about as legal to sell as those "cable descrambler" boxes in the back of magazines.

You can't drive a vehicle with audio headphones on.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Don't know how it would sell, (even if it were legal)
            it's much easier to just buy an MP3 player and stuff it in your jacket.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

or just buy a Honda Goldwing
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                or just buy a Honda Goldwing
                Exactly
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Yes there is such on the market. Has been for some years now. Cyclists can use to listen to music and or communicate to other riders via 2 way radios.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Haven't seen a Goldwing in years, there used to be many more of them around...

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Goldwings are statements that people nowadays dont make..

i was thinking of having a 2-way radio as well as it would be easier for the pillon-rider and the rider to communicate. Less problematic than having the rider to turn his head to listen whatever his pillon is saying to him
                      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

How many times do I have to tell people this!?! Goldwings are not motorcycles, they are small convertables. Anything that's so big you need reverse on is not a motorcycle.

Anyway, I think you have audio in your helmet as long as the speaker/earpiece is not in direct contact with the ear. If it's a speaker that is not directly covering the ear it should be okay.

I'm surprised you thought of this, because I normally think of things like "how can I mount rocket launchers, death rays and very powerful machine guns on my car," on my way home from work.

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

DONT RAIN ON MY PARADE PEOPLE.

I INVENTED SOMETING

RIGT HERE RIGHT NOW.

lol.
                          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

it would be nice.... though insted of a cd changer i would go for an mp3 player with 20+gb.... more practical... especialy if you hit some bumbs and the CD strats to skip... add in the plus option that would include a 2way R
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I was thinking this would be especially cool if you used like a Bluetooth headset linked to a laptop/palmtop somewhere on your body or in a backpack. You could use it to listen to music, give you directions, etc if you had good voice recognition software and an interface designed to use it.

shit, with WiFi or a cell phone link up you could also be connected to the internet/making phonecalls. yeeeaaah baby.

you could even go for the full gargoyle mode and get one of the eyepiece VGA devices for display of info. muahahahaha.

yeah, while i do not drive motorcycles, i may be one of the first to die while doing an excessive speed and using the internet.

edit: Post #1234! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
                              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                              X