X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new onslaught maps for UT2004

Here:

Or here:

126Meg download. Can't understand really why they're for "windows XP" users, unless it's just marketing...

About to give them a go.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

So what happens when a non-Windows XP client connects to a server running these maps?

Epic deserve a smack in the mouth for allowing this stunt

Someone has sorted the maps so they will install on other OS's - not sure if they will be compatible, tho I saw a link in someone's sig - on this board I think.

Comment

Cool ... Thanks GNEP ...

126Meg ?
      My Systems :
      Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
      480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
      Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

Here's a zip of the maps that will install on non-Windows XP systems, and also, if installed on a server, the maps can be downloaded by connecting clients.

They don't cause version mismatches, as only the flag that denies download has been changed.

BTW, it seems that GNEP is out by a power of ten on the filesize - it's ~12 meg for the exe and ~10 for the Zip.

Comment

oops - sorry

Comment

Don't expect to see these maps on the MURC server anytime soonâ„¢. There are still problems with mismatches.
            I think, it's really shitty of Epic to allow this to happen.

Comment

Still, the maps are pretty good fun. If they ever get properly sorted out can we have them on your server SF? Please?

Comment

Need more ONS maps

I'm going to do some tests, at home, this weekend. If they are successful, I'll get those 2 maps on.
                <hr>
                On the subject of maps, what is your opinion of, if you've played them, ONS-Nevermore & ONS-JungleHill2???

Comment

Not tried them. Linkage?

Comment

Here's your linkage

All links go to BU's file works where you have a choice of download location.

ONS-Nevermore 3.43 MB

ONS-Junglehill2 8.26 MB

Here's another one:

ONS-Pipeline 2.53 MB

Comment

Nice maps. JungleHill2 the bots don't seem to be very good at though - should be much better with 'umans.

Nevermore works well though, and pipeline is pretyy good too.

Comment

Actually, there's a bunch of new ONS maps available. Over at Unreal Playground (link ) they just finished an Onslaught mapping contest (I wasn't fast enough to enter mine )and there are about 50 new maps (including the 3 discussed here). I haven't downloaded any of them yet, but I'm sure there's a large range of quality among the selection.
                        Last edited by Beezer; 25 April 2004, 07:32.
                        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Redirect is working. Our new redirect is also much faster
                          Will be uploading new maps now

EDIT: Upload completed
                          Last edited by SitFlyer; 25 April 2004, 13:11.

Comment

Working...
                          X