YUY2 in Win2k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YUY2 in Win2k?

I use Windows 2000 and I was wondering if there was something like Huffyuv that works on Win2k?

-Matt

bump...

Comment

HuffYUV codec works great on windows 2000. Matrox hardware has no useful video capture drivers for windows 2000.

I use $50 Hauppauge WinTV card. It works great.

I'd be thrilled if my $300 Matrox Marvel could equal the capture functionality of my $50 Hauppauge on windows 2000.

--wally.

Comment

ugh, guess I'll use NT4...

Comment

What is the highest resolution you are able to capture with on the WinTV? I am looking for 7xx by 480 capability. Thanks.

--Chris

Comment

The WinTV maxes out at 640x480 unfortunatly. That said, it works nearly perfectly under Windows 2000 even with multiprocessors. (though you can only change channels on the tuner via the wintv application, and not a generic capture app)

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Walrus:
              The WinTV maxes out at 640x480 unfortunatly. </font>
              Uhm, then why can I capture 768x576@25 fps with my WinTV?
              And yes, Hauppauge has capture-drivers that are actually working in Win2k.
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

I should have been more precise, I would like to capture NTSC @ 7xx by 480 resolution. I have looked at the WinTV specs and the PAL resolutions are all very good. On the 640x480 capture, is that including overscan?

Comment

640x480 is without overscan

To my knowledge the 720x480 (or whatever resolution NTSC overscan has, I don't know exactly) works with the Hauppauge as well as full PAL. PAL even needs a bit higher bandwidth than NTSC.

Don't trust the Hauppauge site, they're saying something about 368x576 as max resolution IIRC, but the cards can do the full res captures. You just can't have an Overlay preview in the high resolutions.
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Thanks, that is just this info I was looking for. --Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X