X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shareyourexperiences.com???

hi there

i have not posted in a long time but i thought i would query you guys about a website.

i recieved an email from the support section of shareyourexperiences.com telling me that someone had requested information about my email address and therefore me. it does not say who is requesting the information about myself but i can contact them by an anonomous email if i need.

anyway has anyone ever used this website or come across it in the past? please give me your opinion about it! i know it is probably nothing to be worried about but i was at first slightly suprised and suspicious about it.

thanks
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

If something smells like spam, feels like spam and tastes like spam...
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

then it's chicken!
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I get lots of them. Its SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM ...

Jeff
        -We stop learning when We die, and some
        people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
        Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
        - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
        - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Master of spam here:
          i get about 3 spam emails every 4 minutes. Every morning I have to wake up and clean out my inbox otherwise it becomes too full and I loose track.

Delete that email asap. and Do not click on any "if you want to be removed from our mailing list, please click here". and do not open any spam emails.

Phew...

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
            Master of spam here:
            i get about 3 spam emails every 4 minutes. Every morning I have to wake up and clean out my inbox otherwise it becomes too full and I loose track.

Delete that email asap. and Do not click on any "if you want to be removed from our mailing list, please click here". and do not open any spam emails.

Phew...
            are you the best person to give anti-spam advice then, guchi?

RedRed
            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

hahah can say so
              they got some nifty methods as on how to determine if an inbox is actually used.
              When u open a Spam email it usualy contains HTML coding...and it gets its. When dataflow occurs between the inbox and the server, the spammer knows that that inbox is being used....so he'll be a pain in the butt and send u more.

thats why , if u can identify it as spam delete it. if not, use magic mail monitor

Comment

Actually, any decent mail client has settings that let you choose NOT to load images from e-mails, and/or load images only if the sender is in your addressbook.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It sounds like no one really knows anything about this site. I think they are assuming, probably correctly that this is a spam site. I wonder if it really is. Why don't you go to this site using a different, new, email address to log in and see what happens

Comment

I'm sensing a Gator link...

Roadie... from your sig, "Go Gators" - am I to assume you have an email address at UF?

I'm asking because I too received the same message from this website - regarding my UF address.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I'll write more on this topic... at work right now and in a hurry)

Comment

It sounds like no one really knows anything about this site. I think they are assuming, probably correctly that this is a spam site. I wonder if it really is. Why don't you go to this site using a different, new, email address to log in and see what happens

Comment

I got one of these about a week ago.

And I got here by googling. This is the only site on the entire net (other than theirs) that Google linked to.

When I got the e-mail I got curious about them, so I signed up with them (didn't have a hard time resisting their exhortations for $39). I then did a anonymous search, or whatever they call it, for my own e-mail address. Whoever was asking about me would be made aware of it and, if they really did want to know about me, should not have been able to resist responding. A week has gone by and there's been no response.

I'm thinking about doing an anonymous search for the Microsoft internet security or anti-spam department or whatever it's called. Just so they get one of those e-mails from this outfit.

Comment

Interesting. Sounds mucho like spam.

Welcome to MURC by the way untoyoho and Fred and Sara1984

Gnep
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

The way spammers discover an active, unique inbox is pretty ingenious. The image links in the HTML text are unique and linked to your specific email address. When you download the picture, the web server tells a db that the image xxxxx was accessed. The db then tags that email address as active. That email address is then sold and distributed to other spammers.

Jammrock
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I smell a rat
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X