G400 TV out with SCART (how?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 TV out with SCART (how?)

I have a media PC and am connecting this to a standard 16:9 TV. I've tried with the tv-out splitter using s-video to the TV and the quality is AWFUL to say the least

I then found an s-video->scart converter (came with a video camera) and this gives a FAR FAR FAR better image. However, it's black and white (whereas with just s-video, it's in colour).

Any ideas as to the problem here?
    Am i doing something wrong and the current setup is ok? or do i need to make a cable? (if so, how?).

Thanks

There are different types of s-video cables with different pin-outs. You should try a different type of cable...

Comment

Matrox has the diagram to make a scart cable in their FAQs on their forum:

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oooo i got it to work
        Connected the coax as well, and there was a small switch on the converter, all works well now!

Just one problem...
        Using Cloning (ie clone the monitor to the tv) i get jerky quicktime videos

So this is what i've done: Set it to use dual monitors instead, and set the tv as the primary. This solves the quicktime issue. BUT i can't set a 16:9 resolution, and i need to do this. Ideally i want 856x480, or 1024, 576.

Can i do custom resolutions on the 2nd monitor when using multi monitors? If not then i need to solve the quicktime issue another way.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X