X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin McRae Rally 4 - camera hack tool

Hi!

I just noticed this tool for CMR4 full version:

This tool allows you completely customize your driving view in Colin McRae Rally 4. It only works with the full version of the game. View the readme for more information.
    I haven't got my copy of this game yet, so if someone else tries this tool, then please tell me if it will let you play with Surround Gaming resolutions and correct FOV settings. I don't know if the game will let you choose correct resolutions or not, but it was possible in the demo via registry editing.

... I hope it works .... thanks for the info Mikko.
    My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

Hi Mikko,
      I think it should work ... if you see my post about World Racing in Surround ....
      In World Racing the car is stretched with or without the tool .... but it definitely helps with the view....

SO ... when you play CMR4 (demo) in Surround the car isn't stretched ... the view is just too close to the car ... the tool should be perfect for correcting this in the actual game... assuming you can still get the surround resolutions.
      I get the game in a day or so ... if no one else has tried it out by then I'll let you know...

Cheers,
      Paddywak
      My Systems :
      Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

Comment

Hello ....
        Well the camera hack does work ... to a point ...
        By editing the registry you get the Surround resolutions ...
        But the FOV is too zoomed in....here ...

The Camera Hack Tool does allow you to get a wider FOV ... see here

Normal view going around a bend ...

... BUT.... with the Camera Hack Tool the camera is fixed to the car ... so ... what this means is you don't get to see the side of the car when it slides around corners
        ... and isn't easy ... I am trying to turn right !!! here ...

So ...I'm not too sure what is best at the moment ... If I find anything else I let you know.
        My Systems :

Comment

Hmmmmm ...

After trying to play with the Camera Hack Tool ... I'm not so sure ...
          It just doesn't feel right .... (It feels right in the World Racing game)
          Steering is really difficult .... I don't like to say but I prefer it just on one screen.

It's a shame it isn't working .... unless I'm just not doing it right !
          My Systems :

Comment

Hi, Paddy!

I just wanted to thank you for trying it out. I have been quite busy with my job lately, so I haven't visited here for few days now.

Comment

Hello ....
              Get the Camera Hack tool here ....

This website is for sale! game-editing.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, game-editing.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

It now works perfect for setting up a Surround view.... the camera is no longer locked to the car.

Sorry I can't post any screens today I have a slight problem accessing my web space I will post ASAP though.

Cheers,
              Paddy..............
              My Systems :

Comment

OK ... here's a screenshot as you can see the camera is no longer locked to the car ....

Cheers,
                Paddywak
                My Systems :

Comment

Hi, Paddy!

You seem to like driving a rally car as you were driving a radio controlled car (from chase view)!
                  Can you try setting up the camera inside the car or onto front bumber? Can do that for me and post some screenshots, please?

Comment

Hi Mikko,
                    The reason for the chase views is because the Camera Hack Tool allows you to move the camera around (i.e. back) to get "Surround Views" ....
                    Here is a bumper cam view ... I'm not sure it give a proper Surround view... no ability to ajust the FOV....

However ... Dave at http://toca.game-editing.net/ is working on improving the tool ... adding a FOV adjuster .... may be it will work from the bumper cam..... lets see what happens.

Cheers
                    Paddywak
                    My Systems :

Comment

Hey guys...

The latest Camera Hack Tool now has the ability to adjust the FOV... just set the Width FOV to 0.356....
                      It works in all the views ... no need to mess with the camera settings ( unless you want to of course )

Get the Tool here ... http://toca.game-editing.net/files ... CMR4 Cam Hack v1.3

So Mikko ... the bumper cam or cockpit cam can now be adjusted by you to get the FOV you want !

Cheers,
                      Paddywak
                      My Systems :

Comment

Thanks for info, Paddy!
                        This is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                        X