Spring Cleaning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Cleaning...

I'm having to clean up my computer a bit and get all the dust out of it (I do this every month, but this time I'm taking parts out and cleaning each one). I've been trying to get all of the dust out of my radiator to my water cooling system, and a can of air just isn't enough. Does anyone know of or recommend something that is better than a normal can of air - that has more pressure that lasts longer and can get into hard to reach places? Just wondering, any suggestions appreciated.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Heh, well not anything that extreme. Needs to be a little more...erm...compact.
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

Just take it down to your friendly neighborhood oil exchange place.. they have them.

Comment

Well I know of plenty of people that have air compressers, but I was wondering if there was some kind of uber can of air out there or something similar..
          System Specs:

Comment

Actually you can buy the ones that contractors carry onto jobsites, with a tank about the size of a wheel rim.

Cool tool to have around..

Sur Bobstools, beaucoup d'idées créatives et d'inspirations, de conseils utiles et de tutoriels pour le bricolage, la décoration d'intérieur, extérieur et le jardinage !

Comment

Don't think there is really a can that has more pressure in it.

Comment

Actually, this might be a bit better than your average aircan.

Founded in 1977, American Recorder Technologies, Inc., is a boutique manufacturer and distributor of audio/video/music and photo products. Our design team creates unique products that deliver value, performance and ease of use for the end user.

Comment

Ah..there we go. Thanks. Do you think those will have the same problems as regular air cans have in that they get cold after a few seconds of use and the pressure drops as a result?
                  System Specs:

Comment

I dunno.. haven't used them. I think it's just highly pressurized CO2 without propellant.

Comment

CRC industries Kontakt Chemie Dust Off HF is stronger than their standard Dust Off 67.

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Air Compressor

...I went over to Home Depot and purchased the HUSKYs "Easy AIR" portable air compressor...it is perfect for this use.

...Easy Air Compressor

cc

Comment

I would say something about how potentially dangerous it is to use an air compressor to clean your computer, but ... it more fun this way
                          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

just go down to local hardware/auto store, get yourself an 'air pig'
                            it's just a compressed air container- go to your local gas station, fill it with compressed air, and voila- compressed air to go.
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan
                              Ah..there we go. Thanks. Do you think those will have the same problems as regular air cans have in that they get cold after a few seconds of use and the pressure drops as a result?
                              Any compressed container will have that problem. The chemistry equation is PV = nRT. When you use the can, you eject gas from the fixed Volume, which lowers the Pressure, and so Temperature drops with it.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X