Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.I see dropped frames with g450

hi
    i have matrox g450 pci 32 mb card. when i watch dvd and also divx i see dropped frames both on monitor and tv.
    maybe its not easy to feel it but i see it and if i tell someone who also watches films with me then realises this.
    how can i improve my g450.

Maybe you are playing movies with different frames per second that the standard you are using to output them to the TV. Maybe you play Pal movies on NTSC or the other way around. Try and alter the output standard of the TV out signal, if your TV supports this...
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

I think it's not really the cards fault, what kind of cpu do you use? At least the G400 didn't have neither motion compensation nor idct, so the only video accelerating feature is the hardware overlay. Means your processor has to do this job.

Cheers, Hannes

PS: maybe you should add the country you live in to your parhelia-post.

Comment

Usually divx files aren't interlaced, so the pal/ntsc formats may not cause problems. Or am I wrong?

Comment

sometimes it helps to have the framerate from the divx equal to the output standard. For american DivX movies I get better results on the Parhelia when I use NTSC. (NTSC=30fps, PAL=25)
          Peter Aragon
          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

then again, movies are 24fps not 30.
            So set it to PAL and use ReClock to make it run at 25fps

Comment

It all depends on how it was encoded.
              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

what do you mean? wether the person who transcoded was too stupid to do IVTC or not?

Comment

In a nutshell, yes.

And with some DVDs it's difficult or impossible to do IVTC, e.g. they've converted the material to 30fps and then done some postprocessing on it.

Or of course, the source may not necessarily be a movie.
                  Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

true, in that case a hybrid framerate medium (like with software pulldown flags) would be optimal, like DVD or SVCD
                    Haven't checked wether it's easy to transcode hybrid material without needing to force hardware pulldown on the progressive source, or to force IVTC on 30fps source. Appearantly CCE has detection for pulldown and can insert field repeat flags
                    Last edited by dZeus; 2 April 2004, 06:36.

Comment

i have P4 2ghz computer.i have a tv that supports both ntsc and pal system i have tired them both and also dvd playback is not good as the divx.vcd is good any mpeg1 encoded stream is ok.asf and wmv is also great but mpeg2.(i had try to watch a mpeg2 transport stream (sattelite recording file)it was a slide show. )).i hope parhelia doesnt have this kind of slowdowns and frame drops.
                      thanks for everbody that has send a post for help.u are all great

Comment

Working...
                      X