Create an 'Insert' GAP in MSP5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create an 'Insert' GAP in MSP5 ?

Hold down shift or ctrl (I forget exactly) while you select the downstream tracks.

Then choose Edit->Group and all the tracks in your multi selection will move as one.

After the insert move the group back to its new final position and use Edit-Ungroup. I thing you can opposite click on the group tracks to get a popup menu as an alternative.

Hope this helps.

--wally.

Hi Wally, I can not seem to get this to work. I am using the MSP 5 version that came with the original G200. Does anyone know if it has this feature disabled?

It will not let me select 2 or more clips. And therefore I can not get the 'group' function to appear (it is always greyed out).

------------------

Comment

Biker: I'm also using MSP5 with my G200.
      I suspect you're trying to select multiple clips just like you would select multiple files in a list such as File Explorer. Hold shift and click on several clips individually. Sorry but this won't work in MSP.
      To select multiple clips, hold the shift, then click, hold and *drag* the mouse over several clips. All the clips that you drag over will be selected. It takes some getting used to, but is definitely the way to move a group of clips as you originally asked.
      Hope this helps.....Rob
      PII350, MarvelG200, MSP5.2, PromiseFT w/2x8.4's, SB-PCI128

Comment

Its OK, I got it to work. I have to 'draw' a box around all the clips to select them - weird, but it works, - Thanks Wally.

------------------

Comment

Create an 'Insert' GAP in MSP5 ?

Is there a way to create a gap in a MSP 5.0 project timeline, so that i can insert a video file, - without having to shuffle all the video files after that position, along to the right, one by one to make room for it?

Going to 'Insert' alows you to grab the file, but I can not figure out how to create a 'space' for it a simple way.

Any and all help greatly appreciated. - Biker.

------------------

Comment

Hi Rob - Thanks for the tip. Although I 'discovered' it a few moments after i posted the previous message, your post beat mine to the board, - hence my seaming to ignore your comment. Not intended i assure you - many thanks.
            This is gonna save hours!

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X