Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow effect in msp7 how?

Hi all,

Can anyone give a tip on how to create a shadow effect, for example I'm doing some flying videos and I want to add more depth for realism. What i've done is copied the video to another overlay track and change its transfarency to 50% and change to a color black. But this is making to much time. Is there an easier way?

Is it also possible to add another overlay track in msp7?

Thanks in advance,
    Gef

You can have up to 99 overlay tracks in Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0.

1. In Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0's VIDEO EDITOR, click FILE > PROJECT SETTINGS;

2. After the PROJECT SETTINGS pop-up menu appears, click the EDIT button;

3. After the PROJECT OPTIONS pop-up appears, you'll see an OVERLAY TRACKS spin box - which gives you the option to specify how many OVERLAY TRACKS you wish to add.

As for your "shadow effect," I may not fully understand what you're trying to do.

But you might consider the BorisFX compositing plug-in for Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0.

Visual Effects Applications and Plugins for Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Autodesk Flame, The Foundry Nuke, VEGAS Pro and more

After you install the BorisFX plug-in, it resides in the PRODUCTION LIBRARY of the Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0 VIDEO EDITOR.

You'll see its thumbnail in both the TRANSITIONS and FILTERS lists.

You can drag and drop this thumbnail to any video on your timeline and then the video is automatically opened into an entirely new, full-screen BorisFX interface where you can do all kinds of razzle dazzle effects, add color correction, etc.

I just tried using BorisFX and - yes - one can add beautiful soft shadows to PIP clips.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
    Last edited by Jerry Jones; 31 March 2004, 11:27.

Comment

Working...
    X