Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run as different user...

Hello,

I'm trying to get applications on XP to run as a different user. However, I only have the choice between 2 administrator accounts.
    I would like a program to run as from a limited account....

Is this possible ?
    How ?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

IIRC set up the limited acount w/pw i think and use it for that perpous.... when puting in which acount to use just type the user name for it... i am far away from a winXP machine ATM so i cant verify anything and my info maybe usless
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Right click my computer, manage, go to Users and Groups.

Create new user account, make it member of Users and not member of any other groups, (you might also try Guests).

Right click program shortcut on Start menu, desktop or quicklaunch choose Run As..., choose the account, enter password if needed.

While at it: Rename Administrator account, rename Guest account and disable all accounts that are not in use.
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 31 March 2004, 04:38.

Comment

Nope, it says 'unknown username or bad password'...

Trying the same with another adminstrator account does work...
        However, I'm trying to run programs as a more limited user...

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

are you doing so while you are an administrator?
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Ok, I got it! It works from the commandline...

Is there a way to store the user in a shortcut ? I only seem to find the option 'run with different credentials', but then it asks as which user it should run. I'd like to see it run immediatly as the other user...

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Sasq: yes, I'd like to run programs under a more limited account, while I'm logged on as an administrator...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X