Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left lying in the middle of a freeway, paralyzed for 36hrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left lying in the middle of a freeway, paralyzed for 36hrs?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Southwest....ap/index.html

Dude was in an accident, exchanging insurance info with the other guy. Walked to the side, and collapsed behind a concrete divider with a broken neck. Cops thought he walked away from the scene and didn't bother to look for him, tow driver never saw him. He layed on the freeway, obscured from view, unable to move for a day and a half before someone spotted him.
    Anyone else smell a lawsuit?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

holy****ing shit!
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Scary.. you know, it's a shame intelligence is not a quality looked for when hiring police officers.

Comment

wtf? Are you saying it is the police officers fault? It could have been anybodies fault.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

It's the dumbass cop who decided he had just left the scene, even though he had collapsed from his injuries.

Comment

Think about it, the guy just "disappeared". I'm sure that some people would think, "that's weird, maybe something is wrong and I should check", but the reality is, it was an honest mistake.
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

If he was exchanging info with the other driver, why didn't the other driver tell anyone? In France, that would have been a severe criminal charge of non-assistance to a person in danger.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

In this country you only have to report an injury if theres any injuries. At the time the guy was fine apart being shaky which is rather common at the time of an accident. Unless you hit three times in a year and then you're used to it.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                  Think about it, the guy just "disappeared". I'm sure that some people would think, "that's weird, maybe something is wrong and I should check", but the reality is, it was an honest mistake.
                  Exactly! - So when do you start speaking to lawyers - when the guy did actually search only up to 2Km and no further?............ or should we say its only reasonable to be forced to search a minimum of 50Km before giving up?

Trying to blame the policeman is plain damn stupid I would say

Last edited by LvR; 31 March 2004, 00:08.
                  Lawrence

Comment

There did not need to be any Km area search. The guy was right there, at the accident scene, by the roadside. A matter of only yards or meters away.
                    The guy was talking to the other person involved in the accident, gave his info, then he just vanished, leaving his car?
                    Definite cause for concern, or at least pause.
                    The cop absolutley should have walked the vicinity of the scene.
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I agree.
                      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The cop absolutley should have walked the vicinity of the scene.
                        Sure - but who said he didnt?
                        Lawrence

Comment

Yeh but when was the cop present??? He wasn't at the scene of the time of the accident was he???
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X