Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Quality

Hi All

After messing around with the Matrox RTX10 and Adobe prem 6.5 for about 6 months now, I would appreciate input on the following.

I appreciate that the outcome can only be as good as the source material. If we take as a given that the quality of the source material is 100%, is there anything in my hardware/software profile that will adversely effect the final output.

I capture in Adobe Matrox DV (DV-1394 Input) and export via Adobe MPEG DVD Encoder DVD PAL 4x3 Medium Bitrate

Thanks

Des
    Last edited by dasher; 30 March 2004, 16:51.
    Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Mother Board
    Intel 3.01GHZ CPU
    1024 mb KingMax DDR ram
    RT X10
    Millenium G550
    Main HDD Seagate 40gb
    2nd HDD Seagate 120gb
    Win XP SP2
    Adobe Premiere 6.5
    DVDWS 2
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    DVD Burner Sony DRU-510A
    Sony HandycamDCR-PC100e

I can't speak for either your hardware or your software, as I have a different set-up, using IEEE-1394 into MSP7, but it would seem that encoding at "Medium Bitrate" possibly would give you less-than-optimal results. Wherever possible, my encoding preference is 6000 CBR, which is the lowest level at which DV quality is not deteriorated by encoding, when viewed on a TV. For longer projects, which I try to avoid, I go to VBR if there are rapid movements, with the max set at 6000, the average at what is needed to fit and the min = average - (max - average). If there are no rapid movements, I just use CBR.

BTW, you don't mention your DVD burner.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks Brian

Sony DRU-510A

I will try your suggestions

Des
      Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Mother Board
      Intel 3.01GHZ CPU
      1024 mb KingMax DDR ram
      RT X10
      Millenium G550