Crappy Symantec NIS 2004 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Symantec NIS 2004 problems

Can anyone have any further suggestions. I followed Symantecs solution.

This doesn't work as always get the same error. Theres no spyware or any other firewall on the machine.

Version 2003 will work until you do the updates and that then refuses to install the security updates. That sort of leaves it useless.

Sadly Norton seem to have tied the antivirus to the firewall as I was going to just install nav with zonealarm but that refuses to install with 2004 unless you install NIS as well.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Version 2003 will work until you do the updates and that then refuses to install the security updates. That sort of leaves it useless.
    Cant agree with that statement - running NIS2003 that had the latest 4M update automatically applied via the liveupdate feature only this morning - still a happy camper here.

Something is screwed on that machine.........

Have you tried searching the registry manually for all things Symantec and then killing that, and then running JV16 and searching for keywords "symantec", "Norton", "Nis2003", and "Nis2004" - and then frying those entries too before you tried installing NIS2004?
    Last edited by LvR; 29 March 2004, 08:03.
    Lawrence

Comment

Completely uninstall NIS (using above method), get NAV corporate from somewhere, install firewall of choice.

Comment

Sadly the Nav corperate version would have to be bought.

As 2003 not working after the updates I can assure it doesn't it should but doesn't. You're right there is something screwed on the machine. Thats why I told them it needs a clean install.

Yes I cleaned the registry, deleted the symantec folders and shared common folder. Emtied the temp folders, deleted the symantec folder under application data. But theres one file or something bugging it up.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X