Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice weekend working for my brother inlaw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice weekend working for my brother inlaw.

My brother in law had a few problems wireless network plus one or two other things.

The wireless adsl router wasn't using encryption. Easy that one.
    Printer wanted networking. Easy as well although despite having an IP lease for life it changed IP's half way through. Guess what HP software doesn't allow it's control software to be reconfigured so you have to re-install it. Dumb.

One machine to be upgraded from ME to XP prof.

One machine to have software re-installed.

One Machine to have Nortons Internet security fixed. Failed on that one. I think the machine needs re-installing. Nortons solutions don't work period.

All machines needed to be able to see other on the network. Easy that one.

One machine wouldn't connect to AOL or search by Lycos. Spyware killed Lycos fixed that but AOL still refused. Who cares.

One machine email would only work with one provider. It's an imap account. XP upgrade cured that.

So I failed on two. Brother in Law expected it too be all done in a few hours. Nope but Nortons took 99% of the time and I couldn't format becuase of data on the hard drive. Damn.

So one days work £300 quid meals paid for I ain't complaining.

Also theres a possibilty of a job working for myself with an office and living accomdation plus clients as well. But thats a few months away plus theres my Mothers Health to worry about.

The 300 quid as gone striaght on DELL 2001 LCD
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Not bad at all, nice you care for your mum (most don't these days
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X