premiere 5.5 & Marvel G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• premiere 5.5 & Marvel G400

I'm trying to get around this absurd problem of Avid Cinema having no ongoing support (thus restricted to Quicktime 3). What other software is compatible with marvel & is user-friendly. Is there a way to make Adobe Premiere 5.5 compatible?

What is Premiere 5.5? Never heard of it.

But seriously...

Premiere 5.1 was working quite well with my old Marvel G200. I would assume it works the same with the G400 Marvel.

The only glitch I had was that if I played a clip in the source window, I wasn't always able to pause or stop it - it would sometimes play through to the end. The way I got around this is by mainly working in the timeline and output Monitor window. Scrubbing and everything else was very responsive (on my "old" machine).

I never captured anything in Premiere though, I used the PC-VCR and later the AVI_IO utility. (I don't remember why though. Maybe you can capture in Premiere.)
    Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

Premiere 5.5 doesn't really exist.

It's a hacked version of 5.x that was posted after some text was changed in the binaries to make it appear to be an update.

As such you get what you pay for

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Actually, you're right about the 5.5 but I also have 5.1 with the same problems. The solution of using the PC-VCR software for capture is not really all that good because the quality seems to be much poorer than through Avid - jerky & doesn't seem as sharp somehow.

Comment

What about Premiere 6.0?
          Anybody tested?
          Premiere 6.0 vs. MSP6?

Fred H

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 13 January 2001).]
          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

I never used Avid, but I was able to get very good captures with the PC-VCR. You need to play with the setting (lowest compression, highest resolution: 704x480). The quality should be the same at any given setting from program to program, since the Marvel uses a hardware codec.

The reason I used AVI_IO was to have a rock-solid framerate/sync and be able to span capture files, not to mention much more control. It's well worth the price.

http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/
            Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

I've been using Premiere 5.1 for about half a year as well. I capture using Luminere, though since capturing on Prem is FUBARed. I'm not happy with the quality of playback though. Maybe I need to tweek some settings, or perhaps a new system is in life? Suggestions?

Al

Comment

Yep, Premiere 5.1c's capture system leaves a bit to be desired

I haven't yet tried Premiere6, but those in the RT2K beta forum who have tried it like it a lot in comparison to P5.1c.

As soon as my update comes I'll report on how it works.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X