X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor is, these are R420 tech demos

If they are...HOLY SHIT!

Isn't it fun to speculate

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

hmm... interesting thx for the heads up dave!

I don't have time to read the article (test tomorrow, taking break right now)

anyways, is this about Xbox 2?

If it is, I think it'd be more like R500 tech stuff... since its on microsoft's web site, and i don't think Xbox 2 will use R4xx architecture.

I've read that R500 is well into development, probably with microsoft's help in DX stuff (necessary for Xbox 2 maybe)

Comment

OK, if you read this, you will see this quote:

CHRIS DONAHUE: So all the demos today are going to be running on Windows XP with next generation ATI hardware. Some of the components of XNA that you'll see will be HLSL, XACT. We're also using the common controller interfaces and we're running controller S on Windows XP right now.
      Just so you get the whole picture, the above demos were run in real time in front of a bunch of people. Damn, I am impressed!

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

So am I!!!

Comment

At first I thought: "What's so impressive? WTF?"

Later I found out...
          Very nice...

Comment

Cool, so games should come out faster now. I guess this will replace DX?

Comment

Whats pretty interesting is that from what i've read MS wants to unite PC and Xbox2 Games with XNA. Whats the sense of buying an Xbox2 now if your a hard core PC Gamer? I had an Xbox, but sold it since I never used the thing and preferred gaming on my PC
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I think XNA is geared mor towards game publishers. By developing for the XBOX, they're assured that their games can't *cough* get pirated *cough*cough*....which keeps the production of _PC_ games high, which helps MS sell it Windows OS and....it's games...

We'll see how it develops...

Comment

Working...
                X