Nero 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero 6

I've asked this before but didn't get an answer. How do you get it too record at the correct speed of your writer. I've got a 40x and a 48x the max speed it'll let you select it's 32x.
    I've done the drive speed test but that doesn't make any differance.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Is the media in the burner 40X or 48X compatible? It sounds like the disc your trying to burn on only allows for 32X
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

go to the liteonit site & get smartburn Version 317 to determine the max write speed of your media.

Comment

My experience with Nero is that, like they said, it will detect what the media is capable of writing at and limit it to that.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
          My experience with Nero is that, like they said, it will detect what the media is capable of writing at and limit it to that.
          Same here.

Also a function of the rest of the system Nero and the writer is installed on - run the built-in speed tests and see what it reports about the system's abilities as a whole.
          Lawrence

Comment

52X Media on the Sony DRU530 on an Intel 875P chipset running at UDMA2 results in this speed test - whats yours? - 40X is the limit of the Sony obviously as the interface can keep it busy according to those tests.
            Attached Files
            Lawrence

Comment

Sadly when using the same media and hardware with adaptec software it recorded at the correct speed so it's not the media it'as Nero.
              Sadly version 6.2 of adaptec tried to destroy my XP
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Do the following:

Go to: recorder-->choose recorder-->highlight your recorder-->options-->uncheck the Smart Burn box
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                  Do the following:

Go to: recorder-->choose recorder-->highlight your recorder-->options-->uncheck the Smart Burn box
                  hmm, why would you want to do that?
                  smart burn is like buffer under-run protection to prevent you burning coasters!

Comment

simulating ????

...i thought that when you simulated burning you were using more of the hdd than the recorder???

that speed rating looks like a hdds' throughput.

i use nero 6.3UE and Alcohol 120% . i've never done a simulation before burning...with the reliability of recording devices being what they are, it seems as though if your going to burn a coaster it will more than likely be bad media/data.

cc

Comment

The Media by the way is 52X.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

From Nero6 help.......
                        Simulation
                        Simulation corresponds to the process of writing data, except that no data is written. Simulation is used to check whether the data can be sent to the recorder quickly enough to avoid a buffer underrun. It can also be used to check whether the recorder can actually write to the CD. You should use simulation when you are not sure whether the system can send the data quickly enough.
                        and
                        Simulation
                        The simulation runs all the steps involved in burning a medium apart from activating the laser beam, so that you can assume that if the simulation is successful, the burning process will also be successful.
                        Chucky - "that speed rating looks like a hdds' throughput." - Sure it is, because thats where your data will be coming from (on my machine anyway) and why I asked what the datasource speed is wrt what the writer says it can do.

Pit - Ahead also mentions the ASPI layer as being a possible culprit with slow burning etc ............ whats yours like?
                        Last edited by LvR; 25 March 2004, 06:41.
                        Lawrence

Comment

That's what you get for going Intel PIT
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Nothing to do with Intel. Only started using nero becuase Roxycd 6.22 trashed my OS somewhat. I had to go back to a previous ghost image.

Interestingly the Aspi layers is bollocked according too the test proggy. Well I've just done a backup so maybe.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well everything is okay now bar the winaspi.dll which doesn't have a version number or date. Dunno if that matters or not.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X