Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NV40 picture

TWO power connectors?! I heard it was a power hog:

P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

memory chips are arranged like the parhelia's - must be good
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

@borat: even the GFFX 5950's memory was arranged like this.

Comment

I wonder how many slots they are going to take to cool this beast. The bracket seems to indicate that they can fit it in one.. but I think that would be somewhat a miracle if they pull that off
        Dual DVI too..
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Pretty soon the video card will have it's own full size grounded power outlet ... 2 power connectors ... sheesh.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
            Pretty soon the video card will have it's own full size grounded power outlet ... 2 power connectors ... sheesh.

Jammrock
            or a power brick like the Voodoo V6000(?)

I really wonder if PCI express will fix the power issues with Video cards
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I don't think it will, PCI-ex raises the power to 75watts and it looks like power consumptions are going up way higher than that. They've shown a 5900 that had to be downclocked to run on PCI-ex without a molex.

Comment

Currently, Cisco Catalyst Switches support dual 4000W Power Supplies. I can't tell you what is coming out but you can guess The power requirements for the future blow my mind.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

what's that connection on the far left edge of the bracket? Its kinda covered with the watermark (The B in the watermark)
                  Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                  MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                  Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                  Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Originally posted by mmp121
                    what's that connection on the far left edge of the bracket? Its kinda covered with the watermark (The B in the watermark)
                    probably just s-video
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Also, this pic (hopefully the link still works)

shows another white connector in the upper left (3rd power connector ? )

EDIT : Looks almost like a floppy drive power connection, where the other 2 on the back look like HDD power connections.
                      Last edited by mmp121; 22 March 2004, 13:40.
                      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Probably the power connector for the GPU fan ?

edit: looking again, there's already a connector for that in the lower left part, but that's what the other connector looks more like.
                        Last edited by Admiral; 22 March 2004, 13:36.

Comment

nay...

Comment

Comes with a one year contract to your nearest LN2 supplier also.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
                              memory chips are arranged like the parhelia's - must be good
                              Errm, considering the Parhelias performance and other "features" (read: bugs) I don't think so.
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X