UT2003 Mod?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2003 Mod?????????

With 2004 out and it apparently being 'the' game, I considering running a mod on The MURC UT2k3 Server. I'm open to suggestions

How 'bout the "Jedi Academy" mod?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I knew that was coming

Comment

How about the Enemy Territory mod?

Comment

Counterstrike (as I had no luck with it!)
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

You guys are too funny

I was looking for constructive suggestions

Unfortunately, UT2003 is paid (no $$$ back) for 2 1/2 more months. It is not possible to put a different game engine on this server. What can be done is running a total conversion mod, such as these:
            Deathball V1.9
            Jungle Warfare
            Conquest Marines
            OR
            We could run some cool mutator
            OR
            We can just leave it like it is now.
            I just thought it would be cool to get some use out of it, before the end of May.

Comment

So what's happening at the end of May?
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I guess that depends.
                I like providing this service to MURCers, but,
                I'm not going to pay rental on a server, that's not being utilized.
                The current subscription runs out at the end of May.

Comment

fair point

Comment

How about 'Troopers: Dawn of Destiny'? [click]

btw, are you also responsible for the UT2k4 server? pings on that one are higher then on the UT2k3 server, for me as well as for some other people.
                    Last edited by knirfie; 24 March 2004, 10:16.
                    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

The higher pings may be related to the game type. For testing purposes, compare your pings in different game types. It is well known, that Onslaught & Assault use a lot of system & net resources.

I'll look in Troopers, since no other suggestions have been given

Comment

The perfect MURC mod...... CTB

Introduction
                        In Capture The Beer (CTB) your main objective is to steal as much beer from the enemies as possibles. Every team has a full beer crate at their base, it's your goal to steal the beer crate of the opposing team and bring it back to your base. Ofcourse it's tempting to drink beer while you are carrying the crate, so you have to bring it back as fast as you can before you empty the crate.
                        Just like in in real life, drinking beer will have it's effect on you, so don't drink to much or participating in the game will become difficult.
                        Rules
                        Scoring in CTB is much like CTF, however there are a few important diffirences. In CTB the team score is depended on the number of beer bottles left in the crate. When you pick up the enemy crate you will start consuming it's beer, every once in a while you will open another beer. When the crate runs out of beer it will be returned to it's base. When you bring back the enemy crate to your base the number of bottles left will be added to the team score.
                        There is a limited number of beer bottles you can consume. When you reach the maximum you can no longer carry the crate and you will have to drop it. When you are not carrying a crate you will slowly clear up. So after a while you will be able to carry a crate again.
                        Picking up health items will improve your soberness.
                        Zipped UMOD 764 KB

I'll get this going sometime this weekend

Comment

good choice
                          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Drink up.

CTB is on.

Comment

Nice one. Will download and get going now.
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X