X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera process won't die

Anybody else have this problem?
    On three seperate computers - win98, win2k, win XP:
    when I shut down Opera it remains open as a process, hogging CPU cycles.
    the only way to completely kill it is ctrl-alt-delete, end process.
    ???
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Yes, other people have the problem. A friend of mine was bitching about it too.
    I haven't heard of him finding a solution, but then again I'm not an Opera man myself...

Comment

I have the same problem. The program will keep running after I close it, and it will even block other programs I try to start. So when this happens I can't start any other programs until I've killed the opera process via taskmanager.

I haven't found the exact cause. However I HAVE narrowed it down to certain websites causing this. If I have certain websites open when I close opera the process will keep running. So I just try to make sure I'm not viewing those specific sites when closing Opera.
      If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Buggy software
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Perhaps this might help you.

Seriously:
          - Is there a startup option that keeps Opera in memory?
          - Is it a reported bug, does it affect all versions?

Comment

Happens once a week to me with 7.23 and NT4. Don't remember seeing it happen with 7.5x betas yet.

Comment

Sometimes it takes a while to exit. Sometimes it doesn't exit. I don't think the problem has been as prevelant with 7.50 preview 3, but I'll continue to check...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
              X