Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems running EVE with two monitors

Hi all!

I'm running a Parhelia with 1.4.1.3 drivers with 1.0-4 Bios, Windows XP (SP1 + misc patches), DX9.

I'm playing EVE.

I'm tired of only using one monitor and Alt+Tabbing between it and the desktop.

So I hooked up my housemates monitor, kicked my desktop into dual monitor mode (independent, with extend desktop onto second monitor). I ran EVE (EVE is in the primary monitor), EVE runs perfectly UNTIL I move the focus from EVE to any application in my second monitor (showing the extended desktop).

When I move the focus, EVE minimises in my primary monitor to reveal the windows desktop behind and the focus is transfered to the other application.

How can I get EVE to run maximised (and stay maximised) in the primary monitor AND use applications in the secondary monitor without EVE minimising?

Ideas peeps?

Robert.
    --
    Robert Hodkinson, SF nut, Sound nut and a Render-head.
    reply email is bag.it@ntlworld.com
    The only 'wave shape', I want to see, is on the beach.

Is EVE maximized on the primary monitor? If so, the O.S. detects that you are clicking outside the game. This is probably the same thing that would happen if you were running it on one monitor and hit the WIndows key. The game would minimize and then the "Start Menu" would come up. The game is just not desigined to be multi-monitor friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
      Is EVE maximized on the primary monitor? If so, the O.S. detects that you are clicking outside the game. This is probably the same thing that would happen if you were running it on one monitor and hit the WIndows key. The game would minimize and then the "Start Menu" would come up. The game is just not desigined to be multi-monitor friendly.
      EVE is maximised.

If that is the case... life sucks.

Robert.
      --

Comment

But it is pretty neat in surrond mode though.

JD.
        Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Originally posted by James_D
          But it is pretty neat in surrond mode though.

JD.
          *DROOOOOOOL*

All I need are another two descent monitors...

Robert.
          --

Comment

Working...
          X