Anybody using Nero6??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody using Nero6??

Okay am I the only one having problems with this bleeping program. I've got Nero 6 and I've updated it to 6.3 .whatever.whatever and I'm still making coasters doing a hard drive backup onto dvds. I've no problems backing up to cd's. And I loved Nero over EZCD, but ver 6 has been nothing but problems. It can't be my DVD writer? Can it? It's a Panasonic sw-9571.

what kind of problems?
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I removed my aspi layer and ut seem to get nero burning DVD's properly(it has its own aspi)

Until I did that I could only burn DVD's with record now DX

Comment

Nero6 here, no problems (knocks on wood)
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

nero 6 installed on both laptop and computer, no problems so far.

Asus 52x CDRW Drive
          Matashimi DVD-RAM drive or soemthing on laptop...

Comment

Nero 6 (on XP Professional), came bundled with my Plextor PX708A, no problems so far...

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well it's more than a couple of times I've tried to backup my hard drive to DVD. (I use cd's most of the time) And right at the end of the backup it gives the error" backup failed" could not close disc or something like that. I've only tried 2 different medias with it and it happened to both.
              I've got XP Pro too, but what versions are you guys running?

Comment

6.3 no problems Plextor PX708A w/latest firmware
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I had problems writing the leadin with nero but the aspi thing seemed to fix it.

I reckon either a updated firmware or the aspi thing should fix it (maybe)

To remove the aspi layer, search for killaspi. The latest aspi is available from adaptec, but i found I was better offf without it.

Comment

Thanks folks,
                    Marshmallowman, I did a search on aspi and found one file WNASPI32.dll in three different Nero directories. One in Nero's root directory, the other under neromedia player and the last under nerovision. I nuked them all and I'll let you know if that helped.

Comment

Talking about Nero how do you get the damn thing to record at the correct speed. It doesn't detect either of my recorders max speed just stops at 32X. Ones a 40X and the others an 48X.

Never had this problem with Roxio.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

@RhinoZ: most likely you killed your nero completely...because you killed neros aspi layer.

You should have killed the global aspi layer, because every burner software usually uses its own, if no "global" layer is found. Usually adaptecs aspilayer plays this role, therefore you were told to use killaspi which does exactly that (kill adaptecs aspi).

IF nero used the global layer before, it's going to do that now too. IF NOT nero is not going to burn anything.

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

Oh.... so I did it the wrong way.
                          Well I must have done something right after that because I reinstalled Nero and I've burned three DVD backups with no problems. Go figure!
                          Thanks again folks

Comment

nero's aspi files are called something slightly different, but if you managed to delete them you would have problems. But it all works so is all good

Comment

Nero works ok here, I just prefer Roxio's interface, especially for doing audio CDs the way I like. Even EMC7 I prefer over nero in terms of interface, and I'm still unsure whether I prefer EzMC7 over EzCD6. Never liked this aspi shit. SPTI anyday. Burnatonce seems to get along fine with it.
                              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                              X