Abit and Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit and Capacitors

HardwareZone is the leading online technology portal in Asia Pacific gives you latest tech Updates, technology news, products & gadgets reviews and more.

LoL, i know they have improved their components and not much news of the new board's caps going to electronic heaven.. but still this news reminded me of the Abit of old
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Abit despirately trying to undo the bad name campaign they caused by using cheap parts.

Well lets hope for the best, at least they appears to be listening (unlike some manufactures we all know)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It will be hard for me not to associate the name with poor quality. Time will tell though...
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I have BX133 RAID (fried AGP slot) and BE6 II RAID that I have replaced caps on with help form a friend.

At first Abit had the overclocking features edge. Now every enthusiast and budget board maker includes them.

And they started adding features that are a bit useless:
        - Otes on motherboard = noise
        - Max series without PS2 and other legacy ports
        - they put noisy fans on northbridge instead of big passive coolers
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 16 March 2004, 22:29.

Comment

Something doesn't add up. Use more expensive components yet they're prices seem the same as everyone elses. I sense porkies being told.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

No, no, no; they can do it because all the ABIT employees are so dedicated to building quality parts; they don't even have to pay them.
            MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

C'mon, give them some slack.
              We all know that when we buy Asus/Tyan etc. we pay for the name.
              The DFI lanparty costs a lot because of the funky colors, does it mean it costs that much more to manufacture ?
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Yes but they're putting more of everything on their boards. Plus they're supposed to be top quality. Therefore it costs more manufacter. So either they're buying a lot in bulk or cutting into their own profits or they're talking marketing bollocks.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

My educated guess is their total board cost went up by $3-4 from using better electrolytics.

Comment

By that logic, ABIT have a profit 9 to 12 million dollars a year less by using those caps (they ship ~3 per year). Last year their net income was about 36 million.

Shareholders aren't likely to be too happy about a situation like that, so something isn't right... Either they pass the cost onto their customers (does not seem to be the case) OR, they're making it back elsewhere...
                    MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Working...
                    X