A contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A contest!

I was strolling down amnesia lane, browsing through the MURC Forums Members list: http://forums.murc.ws/memberlist.php?s=

And I noticed a few names that hadn't posted in years, but were really active back in the day...

So... here are several challenges: Can you name a past poster who is now defunct (no posts in say a years time, who used to be very active? and if so, can you say what became of them?

Challenge number two: Can anyone recall why all members joined after 26th of August, 1999? I seem to recall we all had to rejoin the forums for a reason...

Finally, challenge number 3. My membership is relatively old, buy my post count isn't all that high, in spite of the fact that I read daily (virtally). So: can you claim both an older membership, as well as a lower post count?

Let's see if we can all shake off the hangover/senility long enough to reminisce.

Cheers,
    CEM
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Re: A contest!

Originally posted by moreau
    Challenge number two: Can anyone recall why all members joined after 26th of August, 1999? I seem to recall we all had to rejoin the forums for a reason...
    Sniff it was the sniff... no it's to early I'm realy not ready to talk about it yet!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru, go ahead and say it....

WE CRASHED & BURNED!!!
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Re: A contest!

Originally posted by moreau
        I

So... here are several challenges: Can you name a past poster who is now defunct (no posts in say a years time, who used to be very active? and if so, can you say what became of them?
        Hmm Ant...haven't seen him post in ages

Rags too...but I dont think he quite fills the years time. I know hes a mod on Hard OCP forums
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

remember Lukey?????
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Weren't the old forums UBB?

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

1) not sure, we have had many active posters that have backed off/left.............some went quietly and others went with a bang! (Tylau)

2)"26th of August, 1999" was after a database glitch that killed off many accounts (mine included) tho we have had a few forum changes that did this as well (ubb = ugg)

3)I have been around since the G200 days and "turboGL" (remember those?) as for Zokescounts, they dont mean a thing except you are post happy. It has no measure of your status as a human being here.

POst, read, enjoy, not necessarily in that order.

nuff said

-pickle
              Last edited by Dilitante1; 16 March 2004, 18:48.
              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Daveeee.. havent seen him post in forrrreverrr

Agent31
                Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 16 March 2004, 21:00.
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Someone i havent got to speak to in FOREVER as well

CyberTek
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

haha

GinoCyber ..

where has he been?
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Ain't heard from SwampHaggy in a while...
                      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

or PurpleHaze
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                          haha

GinoCyber ..

where has he been?
                          Oh, he's still around...
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Vigilant.... ithink it has been a year..
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Sadly for most, there are too many.
                              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                              X