• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consider the Cup Holder

chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

A fun read!

FWIW, my car has 3 cupholders: two behind the parking brake (positioned one after the other, between the 2 front seats). They are the shallow kind with 4 rubber flaps to hold the bottle/cup in place. And then it has a very hi-tech one that pops out of the middle console (closer to the passenger side); the size of the opening can be selected (plastic, spring-operated flaps).

But I rarely use a cupholder; occasionally, on a long drive, you might find a small waterbottle in one of the middle holders (a bottle there doesn't bother me; it isn't in sight, but within reach when I pause).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Lol.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

my cup holders have become coin holders, which incidently are also in the car, but remain empty.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Hmmm. 2 in front, 2 in middle seat, 3 in back - 7 total.

Incidentally, there's still a drive-up A&W restaurant about 30 miles from here. No roller skates on the waitpeople, but they do have the window trays like in the '50s.

- Steve

edit: made the first '2' lowercase

Comment

none - and proud!

a 1985 BMW 318 here - that is what side pockets are for!

RedRed
            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Sorry for sounding like a fool but since when do Toyotas have mercedes' shifts? look at the 2nd pic in the article (dont count the ad in the middle).

I've only seen that type of automatic in mercs and recently in chryslers.
              /meow
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
              Asus Striker ][
              8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
              Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

But the interior looks all plasticky, very japanese, not at all mercedes-like. Then again, I don't know shit about cars. Ask guchi, if that's a mercedes, he'll tell you the model, hp, and the owner's phone number.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Nothing is more disconcerting than having a drink spill over while driving. A good cup holder can prevent serious accidents. Never underestimate them.

A guy I work with made a mega-cup holder that our 7-inch wide 7-11 UltraMegaGulps fit into, for our store van.

Comment

Human cup-holders are the best
                    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Cup holders are a must in Canada, since the entire country is hooked on Tim Hortons coffee.
                      Bart

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                        A fun read!

But I rarely use a cupholder; occasionally, on a long drive, you might find a small waterbottle in one of the middle holders (a bottle there doesn't bother me; it isn't in sight, but within reach when I pause).

Jörg
                        Yeah, that's one of those American things the Europeans and Japanese didn't get for a long time.

Americans live in our cars sometimes. Coffee, or big sodas(another American thing) are standard driving fare, and we demand easy access to them.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                          Ask guchi, if that's a mercedes, he'll tell you the model, hp, and the owner's phone number.
                          AZ [/B]
                          thought guchi would know about BMWs..
                          anyway i dont think cup-holders for drivers is a good thing...unless they come up with a straw/pipe to the cup.. it is more worse than using a handphone..
                          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

The first time I opened this thread, I thought it was about CD-ROM trays.

Comment

lol

never seen that except in The Flintstones
                              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                              X