Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videotools do not install...HELP!

Hello!

First I hope it is ok, that I posted this message in more than one forum on this webpage. I cannot really say, where it belongs because on one hand it deals with matrox software in general and on the other hand it deals with video editing software/drivers. So I'm sorry!

I got a problem with my Marvel G200 AGP card.

When I'm trying to install the latest videotools (latest drivers are already installed) the installer tells me to install a DIRECT X MEDIA version higher than my installed 4.x version.

The problem is that there is installed version 6.x physically. Ok, I did this some time ago, so I downloaded the most recent version of Direct Media (6.x), Direct X (8.0) and Windows Media Player (7.0). After the installation of these packages the videotools installer still cancels the installation and asks for DIRECT MEDIA higher than version 4.x.

I'm feeling very helpless and I'm really looking for a solution to this problem. I tried everything to fool the installer and searched for every file on the harddisk containing the version number the installer mentions. With no success.

Any hints? MANY THANX IN ADVANCE!!! It would be great if you could reply via e-mail, too.

Yours,
    Oliver Breitfelder

obreitfelder@prosystema.de

try uninstalling all your previous matrox software using their uninstall utility. then try installing.

Comment

Working...
    X