Memory Timing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Timing?

I was running the memory bandwidth benchmark on Sandra and they said I should try lowering my memory timing or to check other chipset and memory settings to see better results. Anyone know how to do this?
    2.4 GHz P4 :: 1024 MB RAM
    533 MHz FSB :: 233 MHz DDR
    64 MB Radeon Mobility
    w/128 MB Video Buffer
    40 GB HD & 120 GB External HD
    DVD/CDRW :: JBL Creature 2 Speakers

Usualy youd have to enter the BIOS to do that.... but i dont think all Mother Boards alow you to fidle around with muthc of thet stuf...but its worth cheking...

edir: also check and see what kind of mem you have and what they are rated at for timing
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

so fooling around with these settings can cause your system to become really unstable, or ever refuse to boot. I haven't heard anybody actually damaging their hardware with changing the settings though.
      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Working...
      X