Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed.

Comment

Amen to that, but we all start to die from the moment we are born. It will come to all of us on this forum at some time or another (whether the forum will still be here or not is another matter). The problem is that 99% of the time a name may fade away and no one will notice. I'm probably among the major candidates so, if I go missing for any length of time, without warning, then think that I may be a-goner.

If any of us know that we'll be absent for more than couple of weeks, it may be a good idea to warn us so that we don't start worrying.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

As Brian said, it is a fact of life...
        Nevertheless, it is always sad to lose a friend...

It did make me realise something: nobody in my vicinity knows which forums I frequent... So if something happens to me, the only indication would be absence... Perhaps something to think about.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Are you implying that the MURC isn't in your browser's bookmarks and that you aren't automaticly logged in ?
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
            Amen to that, but we all start to die from the moment we are born.
            Hey, I just started to live man !
            It will come to all of us on this forum at some time or another (whether the forum will still be here or not is another matter). The problem is that 99% of the time a name may fade away and no one will notice.
            Depending who's name. When any of the frequent posters is missing for too long (Like Dr. Mordid), we sure notice it.
            I'm probably among the major candidates so, if I go missing for any length of time, without warning, then think that I may be a-goner.
            Hang in there, the world's getting interesting lately. You can't leave in the middle of the 'action'

If any of us know that we'll be absent for more than couple of weeks, it may be a good idea to warn us so that we don't start worrying.
            True.
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
              Are you implying that the MURC isn't in your browser's bookmarks and that you aren't automaticly logged in ?
              It is, but I doubt anybody will think about posting that kind of news (my parents are just now learning to use a computer; at work, only work related data will be extracted)...
              Besides, my Windows account is blocked with a password...

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It's actually in my testament that no one inherits anything before MURC has been informed of my infinite absence...

OK, not really, but it's an idea
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

This thread has officialy creeped me out. :shudders:

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1
                    So if you get behind do you get reposessed? or evicted?

In Switzerland (at least in the Canton where I lived), you were automatically evicted after n years where n is an integer exceeding 20. You were encouraged to visit the crematorium but, if you insisted on a burial, you paid for a plot. The plots were in especially designated cemeteries, fairly small for the most part, where there was no risk of polluting ground water (it was also forbidden to bury animal remains for the same reason, although there was one dog cemetery set up). Lead-lined coffins were illegal. When your lease expired, you were dug up, the bones were crushed and scattered. The family could take away the headstone or it would be destroyed/recycled. The plot was then re-leased to someone else.

In Kuching, Sarawak (a state in the Malaysian part of Borneo), the old state mosque is within a small burial ground which has become so overcrowded that they now bury the dead vertically. They use something like a small well borer to dig them.

In this country, cremation is illegal. Most of the cemeteries in the Republic are reserved strictly for Greek Orthodox church-members. There are a few non-Orthodox cemeteries, but they are quite costly.

This gruesome thread grew some
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

its wierd. thinking about it...someday some of the MURC members are going to die out. Especially if I stay an active member for the most of my life....yikes.....scary thought!

AAAAAAAA DON'T THINK GUYS, WE STILL HAVE SO MUCH AHEAD OF US!

Comment

Zokes will eventuall be a level 131 Super Murcer when he stops posting. Sasq's fur will have turned gray. . .

Comment

Working...
                        X