3D app required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D app required

I have recently bought a house in South Wales. I have managed to recreate a plan of the house in VISIO, but i would like to try and render a 3D model so I can have a play with paint and funiture etc

Can anyone recommend an app to do this with????

Cheers!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

The sad thing is that I could do it quite easily using the Quake engines....

I have been give a copy og 'Floorplan 3D' but it's absolute crap. The recommended spec is a P200 and it still runs like a dog....
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

...just guessing??

since you mentioned quake...how about the import/export options in visio... then use a game level design program that matches the layout of your new pad.

cc

Comment

I cant quite get the level of realism in that that i would like...

Comment

Import plan in AutoCAD.

It will take DXF, EPS or AI. If not, import in Corel Draw, clean polylines, save as DXF.

Once in AutoCAD, draw floor plans as closed polylines and extrude by height of walls.

Add 3d cube as floor and as ceiling, subtract cubes for doors.

Make sure everything you consider of one material is of same colour or layer.

Import in 3D StudioMax, derive objects from colours drag and drop materials.

Render.

For deriving floor plans, consider 2d apps such as Visio, easier to position objects arround.

Maya is also cool for 3D rendering, however AutoCAD-3D Studio is better workflow for house->model.
          ArchiCAD is more simple, however I don't know it.

For chairs, google up furniture libraries.

It takes me about 15 to 30h to do above.

Comment

If you want something free check out blender3d.org

It is a full featured, open source 3D app. Only problem is that learning it can be quite difficult, so might not be useful if you only want to do this one time.
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Standard apps here are all ArCon or OEM software that is built around ArCon. Maybe this'll help you find a search string.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Re: 3D app required

Originally posted by Paddy
                I have recently bought a house in South Wales. I have managed to recreate a plan of the house in VISIO, but i would like to try and render a 3D model so I can have a play with paint and funiture etc

Can anyone recommend an app to do this with????

Cheers!
                You need Graphisoft's ArchiCAD. Forget about the House3D and all crappy end-user programs. Forget about AutoCAD as well, you'll go nuts with it - it's just not adapted to house design.

ArchiCAD will make you gain a lot of time compared to AutoCAD. It's got everything you need inbuilt and is much simpler to use, yet is a professional tool for architects.

Comment

searching....

Comment

Working...
                  X