Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to reformat my windows partition, now Generals is in Slow Motion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to reformat my windows partition, now Generals is in Slow Motion.

Hi all.

Been awhile since I've posted here, mainly because I haven't had any problems or things to add. But now, I had to reformat my WinXP partition and I've lost the changes I made to allow C&C Generals to run on my 'puter.

Right now, I'm fresh off a new install of WinXP SP1, I'm running the 105.00.107 drivers and have DirectX 9.0b installed. So I haven't made any changes to my PowerDesk or the Generals options.ini file. Before the reformat, Generals was running beautifully and I'm using the exact same harware as before.

Looking back through the threads mentioning "Generals", I'm pretty sure I made a change to either the PowerDesk Antialiasing or somthing in the Generals config.ini that allowed me to run the game. Right now, from the time the game starts (not the cutscene intro, but the game graphics), it's like looking at a movie in slow motion.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    crp
    Parhelia 128 MB AGP, Dual Athlon MP 2400, 512 MB Corsair, 21" Sharp LCD, 17" Viewsonic LCD

A little more info.

Also,

I've turned off all eye candy in the game (using "Custom" display option, I've deselected all the check boxes, and turned down Particle Cap and Texture Resolution to their lowest levels) to no effect.

And, if I replace my Parhelia 128 with an old Radeon 8500, the game plays just fine. In fact, I can turn on the eye candy, etc. I only want the game on 1 display, so I haven't reinstalled Aptimizer.

Why not just stick with the Radeon since it works fine? Because after exiting the game to do real work, the Radeon's 2D text quality pales in comparison to the Parhelia.

Just looking to have my cake & eat it too.

crp
    Parhelia 128 MB AGP, Dual Athlon MP 2400, 512 MB Corsair, 21" Sharp LCD, 17" Viewsonic LCD

Comment

Working...
    X