Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 Dualhead Clone overlay

I'm quite new to the dual stuff.....
    Need to connect a monitor and a projector on the same PC - with the same output (animation, mpeg, avi, quicktime, graphics and so).
    Do i miss something - or is this not possible on the g550? Tried the clone-setting, but no videooverlay on sec. output. And I truely need same output.

If not possible on this card, is there another matrox i can use?

(XP pro, g550 with ver.20082 CD)

Regards

AndrewW

Depending on how powerful your processor is syou can turn off the hardware acceleration for the media players. I've done this with quicktime and they will not use the overlay layer. I had to do this once for a school and a TV as a second cloned monitor.

Comment

Tks. for your fast reply.
      It has to work on a brand new HP 2,8g PC. But I just had the idea that I were able to clone everything from the first monitor with no probs. with the g550. The system has to run 10 h. a day with no support, so a stable solution is needed.

Meanwhile I read about the p650 and p750 - under keyfeatures it says: "Dual independent hardware overlays for video". I geuss thats what I need - any thoughts?

Regards AndrewW

Comment

for cloning that won't help afaik.
        You can do it with a G400 though, if you sync both outputs in clone mode.

if you don't necessarily need the EXACT same output, use DVD-MAX as well, as it'll clone the overlay to fullscreen to the secondary display. (on any post-G400 series card).

Comment

Hmm...Can this be true?
          I know the DVDMax feature, but this is not what I need. For now I need the same result as a VGA splitterbox can do - exact same output on the both. ( and same resolution as well). But (in a short time) I also will need the "True Multidisplay" (span desktop)feature that works well in my tests.
          The g400 must be an old card? I cant find it for sale.

If the p650/750 canĀ“t do the trick - Is there no other new card that can truely clone with video?

Regards AndrewW

Comment

And what does the statement for p650/750:
            "Dual independent hardware overlays for video" mean then?+?

AndrewW

Comment

Working...
            X