re: Matrox G200 MMS and 400sc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: Matrox G200 MMS and 400sc

Hi, I have another question, I recently bought a Dell Poweredge 400sc, and am not successful in installing the g200 mms, has anybody done this and how would I do about it. Thanks again.

PS: I tried installing it in XP Pro, Win2K, and Win2K Advanced Server with no luck, also the mobo is Intel 875P.

PSS: The problem I'm getting is that there is no signal from the videocard thus am getting a blank screen.
    Last edited by jkgo1; 12 March 2004, 09:15.

Re: re: Matrox G200 MMS and 400sc

Originally posted by jkgo1
    and am not successful in installing the g200 mms, has anybody done this and how would I do about it. Thanks again.
    Jkgo1, which error or which problem do you get? It's not very clear from you initial post what's wrong. And did you already try posting your problem on the matrox tech support forum
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Sorry, my monitor doesn't get any signal from the video card, it reports no signal. Thanks! I emailed the matrox tech support but I can expect a reply after 1 business day, rather here where I can get a reply almost instantaniously

Comment

Have you already tried the card in another computer?
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

yes, and it's working perfectly but it was just a p3 900mhz

Comment

Is PCI enabled as primary display in BIOS?

Comment

yes, there are only 2 options in the bios, agp and auto. Mine is set to auto

Comment

G200

You need a 1.5 V AGP card for using in I875 chipset. I think G200 is 3.3 V card only... G400 and above are 1.5 V cards.. No solution :-(

Comment

Re: G200

Originally posted by FAWN
                  You need a 1.5 V AGP card for using in I875 chipset. I think G200 is 3.3 V card only... G400 and above are 1.5 V cards.. No solution :-(
                  Except that the G200 MMS is a <B>PCI</B> card. He should be fine, if the MB BIOS will recognize and choose the card.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Is the onboard graphics disabled?
                    Is the AGP slot empty? If it even has one.

Comment

Re: re: Matrox G200 MMS and 400sc

Originally posted by jkgo1
                      Hi, I have another question, I recently bought a Dell Poweredge 400sc, and am not successful in installing the g200 mms, has anybody done this and how would I do about it. Thanks again.

PS: I tried installing it in XP Pro, Win2K, and Win2K Advanced Server with no luck, also the mobo is Intel 875P.

PSS: The problem I'm getting is that there is no signal from the videocard thus am getting a blank screen.
                      1/ Did you chack whether the PCI busmaster option was enabled in BIOS (M cards like to be their own masters)

2/ Did you check the IRQ's sharing? there could be a conflict there too - maybe move the card around and see if anything happens.

3/ You should upgrade the mainboard BIOS to latest and do the same for the G200MMS (in a computer where it works).

Comment

Have you asked Matrox tech support?

Comment

Working...
                        X