Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlace-artefacts when capzuring with AVI_IO

Hi,

when I capture on my Marvel G400 with the PC-VCR everything is fine.
    But when I start capturing with AVI_IO via YUV2 and HuffYUV I get massive interlace artefacts.
    O.K, I can remove them afterwards by applying a deinterlace filter to the recorded video in Virtual Dub, but this is a very time-intensive and laborious work.

I have the 1.52 VideoTools installed and the Flying Dutchman's YUV2 enabler.

Did anybody encounter similar problems?
    Is there any work-around or solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

David

[This message has been edited by Data79 (edited 11 January 2001).]

What's the rest of your system like? Might play a factor. Ahat capture settings are you using in AVI_IO?

Also what YUV quality setting are you using in HuffYUV? Predict left, graident or median?

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 11 January 2001).]

Comment

My system:

Athlon TB 850Mhz, Abit KT7-RAID with installed RAID-0 array consisting of 2 WD 45AA HDDs; 256 MB PC-100 no-name RAM and a SBLive value.

The capture settings in AVI_IO are:
      25.000 fps (PAL); set Matrox-YUV Flags to enabled.
      It doesn't matter if I capture in full-res or half resolution or with 12fps or 25 - the interlacing problem remains.

The Huff-YUV is set to the option which provides the highest quality (I don't remember the name, because I'm writing from another computer now). But if I capture without HuffYUV, uncompressed YUV2, there are the same interlace artefacts.

I played very much with the settings, but nothing helped. I'm only able to capture video interlace-free when using the Matrox PC-VCR.

Comment

Working...
      X