Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems using Sony DVD+-RW USB2

yet another interesting problem

I tried this with nero 5.5.10.42 and 6.0.0.3. I also tried both versions of nero with and without adaptec aspi

I have an internal lite-on 52x cdrw and an external Sony DRU510 DVD+-RW hooked up via USB2.

Windows can see and control both drives (eject tray)

Nero can see both drives as well.

Now the interesting stuff. If i load a DVD into the drive before i open nero, nero looses both the DVDRW and the CDRW, they are no longer visible in the select recorder menu. So obviously i can't burn.

Also, if i load the DVD before i open nero, after i close nero windows can no longer eject the DVDRW and i cant burn witht he CDRW either (nero will see the CDRW again if i close it and remove the disk from the DVDRW). A reboot resets everything and nero can see both drives again.

Now if i open nero THEN load a DVD into the DVDRW i can get to the burn process window (with buffer status etc).
    However the DVD never actually burns, , Nero gives me an error, i believe it is "pogram area memory space failure". The blank DVD is not damaged, so no data at all was written.

thats all i got...
    All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream -Edgar Allan Poe-

This link MIGHT help
    Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

interesting link but since i am using a USB2 connection it doesnt really apply to my drive =\
      Last edited by daemorok; 11 March 2004, 16:58.
      All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream -Edgar Allan Poe-

Comment

Working...
      X