X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 4.3

New Catalyst 4.3 drivers for the one or two Radeon users here
    Release Notes

The Surroundview feature seems pretty interesting...
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

OMG!!! that's cool!!!!!

SURROUNDVIEW™
      This release introduces multi-adapter, multi-monitor support for the integrated ATI RADEON™ 9100 IGP graphics processor. Using SURROUNDVIEW™ with an ATI AGP graphics card can provide support for up to three independent monitors. This feature is supported on the RADEON™ 9100 IGP with the following ATI products:

ATI RADEON™ 9800 series
      ATI RADEON™ 9600 series
      ATI RADEON™ 9500 series
      ATI RADEON™ 9200 series
      ATI RADEON™ 9000 series

Comment

Is that like ATI going SG?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I have a Ati Mobility 9200 64MB on my laptop
          Will I be able to use those drivers?

Comment

I think they should also work for mobile chips...of course u won't have surround view since it's only one card with 2 outputs

Comment

last time i went to ati webiste and downloaded the lastest drivers and tried to install them on my laptop it said some error thingy....damn I can't remember what it was. Let me downlaod the drivers and see what happens!

Thx btw

Comment

SURROUNDVIEW™
                I don't get it.
                My work computer runs three monitors off of it's integrated intel chip and a PCI G450DH.
                This is normal XP functionality.

How is SURROUNDVIEW™ different?
                Chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Perhaps more modes-I doubt XP can stretch the desktop on 3 monitors.

Comment

Good question.
                    My monitors are not all the same res, so I never tried that.
                    I don't really like stretch mode anyway.
                    chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Seem slightly better than 4.1.

Still have great fun getting the correctrefresh rate in games. I guess CRT LCD combo isn't the best.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                        last time i went to ati webiste and downloaded the lastest drivers and tried to install them on my laptop it said some error thingy....damn I can't remember what it was. Let me downlaod the drivers and see what happens!

Thx btw
                        They won't install.
                        But there's an easy way to modify them, after that you should be able to install any Catalyst driver and they should work flawlessly.

Read more HERE: http://www.3dfusion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9746

(For the later Catalyst you only need to read the last paragraph with the link to Patjes driver modder tool..)
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

Ach

It's in German. I had the same problem, too, so now I gotta translate it. Anyways, you can't install drivers from ATI because mobile chip drivers are specific to your notebooks' screen. I tried installing the Catalyst driver and got the same error, it says it wasn't found. If you try and choose the mobile option from ATI, they explain what I just said in the third sentence. But I will check out this modder tool.
                          2.4 GHz P4 :: 1024 MB RAM
                          533 MHz FSB :: 233 MHz DDR
                          64 MB Radeon Mobility
                          w/128 MB Video Buffer
                          40 GB HD & 120 GB External HD
                          DVD/CDRW :: JBL Creature 2 Speakers

Comment

Yes, the FAQ is in german, but it was originally meant for Guchi...
                            Not much need to translate it: Just go and grab Patjes driver modding tool.
                            After you have modded the Catalyst drivers with this tool, they will install flawlessly on your ATI mobile chip - they do on both, my stone-old Radeon Mobility M6 and my MobilityRadeon9600 (M10).
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Big edit. I dled the modder, and installed the 345m igp version of the catalyst driver (what I need). At least I guess I did it right. All I know is I have a brand new driver, and I was playing Quake 3, and it has never looked better, or ran faster. There seems to be a lot more effects being generated in the game. I'm about to try the Far Cry demo, last time it wouldn't load, and I read that you need Catalyst 4.3, so maybe this will do the trick...

And it hasn't, I still can't run it. When I install it, it says my vid card mem is too low, even though it's a 64 meg card (which it says it should be) and I'm using a 128 meg vid buffer. Everytime I go to play it, it loads the exe but nothing happens, nothing at all. Any clues as to what it may be?
                              2.4 GHz P4 :: 1024 MB RAM
                              533 MHz FSB :: 233 MHz DDR
                              64 MB Radeon Mobility
                              w/128 MB Video Buffer
                              40 GB HD & 120 GB External HD
                              DVD/CDRW :: JBL Creature 2 Speakers

Comment

Working...
                              X