Quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question...

I did some searching, and wasn't having luck with my serch terms...

I had a couple of DV tapes I made in my Canon Optura 20 which had discontinuities in the time code. For this reason, or so I am led to believe from the Matrox Forums (the other matrox forums ) the Matrox tools cannot capture automatically.

So, I did a manual capture of the entire tape in Premiere 6.5. Now, I want to take the large (4GB+, 20min) file and slice it into individual files for archiving/editing.

What is the best way to do this? I was working and premiere, and was at a loss.

As a corallary... is there a better way to deal with a tape such as this?

Thanks,
    CEM
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

isnt there a DV scene extraction feeture in Premier.... if there is its just a matter of spliting the file on the time line into the several bits and just rendering those parts that you want to difrent files
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

If the operation is a "rerender", does some quality loss result?

As opposed to what would be a "file copy" of a specific portion, with a start and end of file appended to the clip?

Thanks for the reply,
      CEM
      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

i am not sure how premier workes on this end.... in any event when you digitise you are transforming the material into Premier's DV codecs... which i think are the WinDV codecs.... so reouputing (rendering) them shouldnt make u loose qulity.... if i am not mistaken
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I agree....there should be no re-render unless you apply some effects or filters. Also, I have found the output to be about 4 times "real time" to save the individual files on my system.

Ted
          Premiere PRO XP Pro
          Asus P4s533
          P4-2.8
          Matrox G450
          RT.x100
          45 GIG System Drive
          120 Export Drive
          Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
          Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
          17" P4-3 HT