Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

projecting a presentation (automatically)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• projecting a presentation (automatically)

Hello,

A friend recently asked about the possiblities of projecting images and movies automatically. The idea is to have a slide-show, in which different kinds of content should be incorporated: photographs, video-clips, text, ... Preferably, timing between slides should be selectable.

What software would you guys use to do this ?

My first idea seems Powerpoint, but this is mainly because I have used this (for courses), but also because he already has this software. But perhaps there are better tools ?

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 10 March 2004, 07:03.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

yup, powerpoint will do all of that
    FT.

Comment

Check Adobe Acrobat, it can do pdf slide shows now...and pdf is vastly more flexible than ppt...

Comment

If he only wants to run automated slide shows, there are lots of special programs for that, with neat transitions, etc. I cannot recommend any, though, because I haven't had the need for that stuff.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, the idea is to use it as an eye-catcher in a window (<- real life window, not a computerterm ).

Powerpoint does seem a bit limited when it comes to transitions between moving images (e.g. video). It is possible to do all the other stuff (allthough IMO the animated transitions go too fast).

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Do some searches on slideshow programs, I know there are many out there, some of them quite powerful.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yes, problem is that a search yields a lot of simple programs to view digital photos... And I was kind of hoping people had some experiences here...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Macromedia Director
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Hey, great idea!
                  Hadn't thought of that...
                  (knowing some of the possibilities, I can imagine something with Director will have a more professional look to it)

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
                    Macromedia Director
                    I was about to say so too...

Comment

Working...
                    X