Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the absolute best video capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the absolute best video capture?

What is the absolute best video capture card?

can't wait to get a capture card it's just that I dont want to waste my money on something shite

Im preferably after a capture card that has heaps of options in the software, such as:

-MPEG output capability
    -Window -> Always on top
    -Aspect Ratio Settings
    -Quality Settings
    -Recording Timer
    -Text Overlay

doesnt have to be all those settings, just most!

Anybody with a capture card feel free to reply...

==============================================
    MAJORITY RULES, NO DOUBLE POSTING
    ==============================================
    Last edited by meneedit; 8 March 2004, 16:36.

The answer as to what is the best lies with you and what you plan to do.

I currently use the RTX100 with Premiere 6.5.

Based on some of your responses in what you are looking for, this may work for you or might not.

Here is a link that gives some competitive adavantages, as well as a 39MB downloadable WMV file that demonstrates the advantages as well. I've seen it and it's worth the download. Just besure to get flashget, if you are on dialup.

However, you may not need everything the RTX100 offers or even any of the others compared. So it comes down to basically how much you want to spend and what you want to be able to do and how fast you want to do it.

Check out everything there, there's alot to absorb. No one can decide for you which is the best. Only you can do that.

Good luck.

Comment

How long is a piece of string? There is no answer to your question because we don't even know what you want to do.

If your input is DV, then any IEEE-1394 card is your only option. High quality analogue in/out can be added to it through, say, a Canopus ADVC-100 or the new ADVC-300 which has the added advantage of time-base correction and noise reduction. This has the BIG plus over a dedicated analogue card that it liberates the CPU of your computer to do its job without bothering to handle enormous analogue files, as everything is simple DMA copying of DV files. The rest of your wish list can be handled at a software level and I use Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 for all of that, with DVD Workshop 2 for outputting.

OTOH, if you want a dedicated analogue card, then see above - I scrapped mine nearly 2 years ago!
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
      X