winXP Reloded Cartoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winXP Reloded Cartoon

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

ROTFLMAO

Spot on on the Mac'ers
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

To me it says Mac'ers actually experience an improvement after an upgrade.

I _had_ to upgrade from W95 to WMe, only cause I wanted some bloody USB devices attached. Hated it otherwise.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

When Me was out, 2k was already available. Why didn't you go straight to Win2k.

I went 3.1->98. After a few months and discovering, what a POS 98 is stability - wise, I went to dualboot NT4.0 Workstation (for work) and 98SE (for gaming).

Comment

Went DOS-->3.1 (when I had to - still preferred native DOS apps whenever possible) -->win95 --> win2k --> winXP, with some farting around with Linux on the way... DEFINITELY always steered well clear of winME.

Back on topic, the only Mac users I know are not very geeky and wouldn't even know that you could upgrade the OS on their machine... let alone be waiting for a new version. They are much more interested in simply getting their arty farty jobs done
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

GNEP, and that is really what computers should be about: getting the job done (their job, which includes letting me play games, enjoy music or videos, etc.). Just like cars are about getting from a to b. No sane person would want to own a dragster as their only car, because it might be interesting to geeks, but it's very impractical.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

3.1 -> 95a -> 95B -> 98 -> 98SE -> ME -> 98SE -> 2K and loving it. I was always testing a lot of crap.

Comment

I just made a list of how many OSs I've used over the years...

Including all the DOS versions and Mac OS versions (and the various UNIX flavours at University). Wow, I didn't realise the number of OSs was so high.

I'm happy with Windows XP for now; everything runs just about how I want it to.

Making this list has convinced me that it's not worth my time to play with Linux. Not that I have a problem with Linux or the people who use it, but for me, enough is enough. Windows does what I want right now. If my needs change I'll re-evaluate the decision then.
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

let see...

3.1 -> 98 + 2000 -> 2000 + Mandrake -> XP + BSD Dual Boot
                  Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 8 March 2004, 19:13.

Comment

uh ... at some point in time I have installed every MS desktop from DOS 5 through Longhorn Alpha's, plus NT, 2k and 2k3 Server (skipped .NET), several flavors of Linux, Apple OS's in the olden days, TI 99-4a, Commodore 64 and I'm sure I've done an Amiga and Mac box somewhere along the line. Oh yeah, and BeOS, can't forget BeOS. The little OS that could have been revolutionary if Apple picked it up instead of Steve Jobs. I hope PalmSource doesn't botch it up.

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

win 95 = DOS + bells and whistles.

Win ME = 98SE - legacy code + bells and whistles.

WinXp = 2k + bells and whistles.
                      /meow
                      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                      Asus Striker ][
                      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

About 3 or 4 years ago, bought a laptop which had ME as standard. I UPgraded it to 98SE
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hmm, lets see....
                          cp/m+ -> msdos 5.0 -> drdos 6.0 -> msdos 6.22 -> win 3.1 -> win 95 osr2 / winnt4 (dualboot) -> win2000 -> winXP pro

Jörg
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Wahey! Another person who has used CP/M

Anyone else here used GEM "windows"?
                            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I did, but I have been trying to forget that dark dark part of my life
                              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                              X