321 Studios DVD X Copy banned in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 321 Studios DVD X Copy banned in USA

A US court has told 321 Studios to stop selling its DVD X Copy software, responsible for DVD copying.
    Federal Judge Richard Owen in New York ordered 321 to stop distributing products that violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

The decision follows a similar ruling in California two weeks ago - 321 Studios said they would appeal.

US film industry body, the Motion Picture Association of America, said it was pleased with the judgement.

"We are pleased that yet another court has seen through 321 Studios' thinly veiled attempts to profit from others' copyrighted works," said MPAA chairman Jack Valenti.

"321 Studios' products and various publicity stunts only confuse consumers about what is legal and what is not," he added.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Heh.. but you can still get a warez copy out there in the firmament.

Comment

Warez copy? It's still in stores. Try getting a gajillion copies recalled. ROFL.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I'm glad I bought a copy before the deadline. Didn't even know the controversy existed until after I bought it...

They told me that after the deadline, they would still sell the product, just without one function that the industry objected to.

Comment

still available here, and being advertised in computer store flyers.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
          X