CatFish aperently wanted to phone home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CatFish aperently wanted to phone home

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Huh?
    -We stop learning when We die, and some
    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Umm... bad link? I don't get it otherwise.

Comment

darn... must have changed..... it origonaly had a story about a catfish that swolowed a mobile phone at a zoo when the phone owner acidentaly droped it in there .... ... i'll try to find the origonal....
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

http://www.thisishampshire.net/hamps..._NEWS09ZM.html ?
          A fish ate my phone!
          by Sarah Jones

SOMETHING very fishy has been going on at Marwell Zoo.

One greedy resident has built up quite a reputation for his insatiable appetite after swallowing two mobile phones and a watch.

The red-tailed catfish enjoyed his latest meal with a difference when a visitor accidentally dropped the contents of his pockets into the water.

The 4ft creature, which lives in Marwell's tropical house, gobbled up the phone in one gulp.

Staff tried to get the creature out of the water and attempted to massage it out but were unsuccessful.

They were not too concerned because each time it had happened before, the catfish had always brought it up eventually.

Peter Bircher, curator of the zoo at Colden Common, near Winchester, said: "I suspect that this is quite common with catfish. They tend to snatch their food and if anything is floating nearby that attracts them in anyway they go for it.''

Although staff were not overly worried about the fish because of his previous experiences, Mr Bircher said: "We do have some concern about things like mobile phones because of the action of water with regards to the effects of the battery but fortunately, so far it hasn't been a problem."

Hayley Battle, 22, and her partner Peter Garland, 29, visited the zoo on Sunday with their two young children.

Mr Garland, from Bourne-mouth, dropped his phone, camera and money into the water when his two-year-old son's hat fell in the pond.

Said Hayley: "Peter's pockets were unzipped and everything fell in when he tried to get Cameron's hat out of the water.

"We have been given the phone back now but it is a bit mangled.

"I couldn't believe that it happened, you hear stories about phones going down toilets but not being swallowed by fish."

Comment

thats the one

Comment

It would be funny it the mobile was on vibrate wouldn't it.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

it's prolly why the catfish swallowed it in the first place.
                /meow
                Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                Asus Striker ][
                8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

llc ... reach back in your mind and think defrosted pigion...

Comment

Working...
                  X