Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investment advice Bush style (pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment advice Bush style (pun intended)

Investment (Economic) advice during the current administration from a currently unemployed stock broker:

If you bought $1000 worth of NORTEL stock 1 year ago it would be worth $49 today. If you bought $1000 worth of ENRON stock it would be worth $16.50. A $1000 investment with WORLDCOM would have a value of $5.00 today. With Kmart of your $1000 you would be at $0.

HOWEVER, If you bought $1000 worth of beer,drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the 10 cent deposit (Michigan law) you would have $214.00. Based on the above solid evidence my advice is to drink a lot of beer and recycle.

This is my retirement program. It is called the 401-keg
    chuck
    Last edited by cjolley; 3 March 2004, 16:56.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

this is a little outdated, Nortel was about 2.00 a year ago (from a low of .67) , it now over 10.00. 2 years ago it was about $120.00
    But I invest in beer anyway
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Sasq goes off to buy stock in that beer company...
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
      X