Catchy phrase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catchy phrase

atleast to me at this point .... and no i am not going to do something stupid.....

"why prolong the agony, all men must die"
    Roger Waters
    The pros and Cons of hitchhiking - part 10

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

You DO realize that Roger Waters is receiving ongoing psychiatric care, right? And that he was kicked out of Pink Floyd because he had a severe mental breakdown and had to be institutionalized?

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

i think you are mixing him up with sid baret ....
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Roger Waters is amazing, but he is very depressing. I like to listen to him, but only on occasion because it's just too much after a while. Check out these lyrics...

THE GUNNERS DREAM

Floating down through the clouds
        Memories come rushing up to meet me now.
        In the space between the heavens
        and in the corner of some foreign field
        I had a dream.
        I had a dream.
        Good-bye Max.
        Good-bye Ma.
        After the service when you're walking slowly to the car
        And the silver in her hair shines in the cold November air
        You hear the tolling bell
        And touch the silk in your lapel
        And as the tear drops rise to meet the comfort of the band
        You take her frail hand
        And hold on to the dream.
        A place to stay
        "Oi! A real one ..."
        Enough to eat
        Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
        Where you can speak out loud
        About your doubts and fears
        And what's more no-one ever disappears
        You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door.
        You can relax on both sides of the tracks
        And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
        And everyone has recourse to the law
        And no-one kills the children anymore.
        And no one kills the children anymore.

Night after night
        Going round and round my brain
        His dream is driving me insane.
        In the corner of some foreign field
        The gunner sleeps tonight.
        What's done is done.
        We cannot just write off his final scene.
        Take heed of his dream.
        Take heed.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          You DO realize that Roger Waters is receiving ongoing psychiatric care, right? And that he was kicked out of Pink Floyd because he had a severe mental breakdown and had to be institutionalized?

- Gurm
          Funny, he didn't look like he was in an institution when i saw him in concert a couple years ago.

Sid Barret on the other hand really lost it and went to live in the countryside with his mother.

"Shine on you crazy diamond..."
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Yeah Syd started the band and was a borderline schizophrenic genius, but went and did LSD, which pushed him over the line into a full-blown loony. Very sad. David Gilmour was a friend of his and sat in on guitar more and more until he became the guitarist, and Syd was just not there. A lot of those great Floyd songs are about him and were written after he had left the band, and lots of people who know those songs by heart have never even heard of Syd Barrett.

Comment

Here's an interesting news clipping.

Waters was really strange looking when he was young, and on this documentary about PF I saw not too long ago, they showed him doing his screams into a mic, and he looked like some sort of insane bizarre alien.
              Last edited by KvHagedorn; 3 March 2004, 18:49.

Comment

the screams are from "live in popay" sp..... yeh sid was great..... roger was damnd ugly... he looks better now in old age... well at least better than gilmor does.... saw his unpluged concert on tv ... happy to hear him sing and play but damnd did he turn fat and ugly....

what i find even more disturbing is that when you tell the curent generation about pink floyd their reply is ,,, "who?" ... "you know another brick in the wall" .... "huh?" .... "we dont need no education" oh yeah... but thats by some (insert dj name here) .... i just smak my head on the wall...... .... lets say for the sake of argument that floyd MAYBE is not as popular any more.... but to tell me that the majority of the curent gen people dont even know who the BEATLES are.....?!?!?! now that is bad.. very bad....

Comment

I was at the pink floyd concert in Berlin, just as the wall fell.

One of the most intense experiences in my life.

For me that seems like yesterday - but for so many, thats last century stuff, vague recollections from their early childhood.

I was 20 then.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

... ahhh... i only saw the video..... but i did get to see the "in the flesh" concert when the tour came to beirut.. ..... a trip without the substences.... thats what it was

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
                      the screams are from "live in popay" sp..... yeh sid was great..... roger was damnd ugly... he looks better now in old age... well at least better than gilmor does.... saw his unpluged concert on tv ... happy to hear him sing and play but damnd did he turn fat and ugly....

what i find even more disturbing is that when you tell the curent generation about pink floyd their reply is ,,, "who?" ... "you know another brick in the wall" .... "huh?" .... "we dont need no education" oh yeah... but thats by some (insert dj name here) .... i just smak my head on the wall...... .... lets say for the sake of argument that floyd MAYBE is not as popular any more.... but to tell me that the majority of the curent gen people dont even know who the BEATLES are.....?!?!?! now that is bad.. very bad....
                      It's just a reflection upon how ignorant they are.. most of them have no clue who Brahms is either.

Comment

heh.... you know the mozart syphony no.40 ... (if i am not mistaken... i keep mixing the numbers up) well some short dacades ago this group of lebanese musicance browed the tune and turned it into a very popular lebanese song sung by our glorious "fairuz" ..( a female lebanese singer whom has become an icon) well... when we at class use the mozart for listening seetions 99% of the student jump up saying that this is the fairouz song..... some (although only a very very few) had the gaul to claim that mozart stole the tune from the rahbani brothers... ...... and no i am not kiding .. i heard and saw it with my own ears and eyes...
                        Last edited by SpiralDragon; 8 March 2004, 11:50.

Comment

There was a time in the ancient past when a song/music had to be good and the band/singer had to be lucky to get it recorded.(before they "made" it)

Now large corps pump out shite load of krap fishing for dollars, musics is now so diluted it's very difficult to find anything orignal/inovative and actualy good.

I think a lot of youg people would be a lot more impressed hearing the original before its remixed a million times into oblivion.

Comment

Working...
                          X